Right click a word and easier access to BDAG

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 32 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5251
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 15 2013 2:34 PM

Denise:

And as David seems to agree above, at least Libronix menus didn't demand sliders.

Oh, it's far more than just that. L3 is the cutting edge of transhumanism! Geeked L5 is a search engine. Tongue Tied With my L3 notes, I am a veritable cyborg Cool ...with L5, I'm not entirely in the dark. Huh?

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 15 2013 2:46 PM

Denise:

Mark ... I don't want to be impertinent, but neither Graham's nor mine even remotely cover the length of the screen.  Indeed, my right-click menu covers exactly half of the Logos drawable window (though the popup can extend outside the Logos window).  Even if I scruntch the Logos window down tiny, the menu size remains fixed.  

I'm still guessing it's the community stuff that expands it.

I don't wish to be impertinent either, but the amount of information on the menu is determined by the screen resolution. It's easy to check. Just reduce your screen resolution (or increase program scaling) and you will get less information visible on the menu.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 15 2013 3:48 PM

Well, I believe you're right.  Now to get down to the Walmart for a magnifying glass (my spouse already using one on the Chromebook).

Logos never ceases to amaze.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 15 2013 9:19 PM

Wayne:

I frequently right click a word to open the Bible Study drop down box. At times I would just like to open BDAG. Presently I have to scroll down to open BDAG. I would like for the top 3-5 lexical resources to be already in the box when opening without needing to scroll down to the lexicon of choice.

Personally wish for Program Settings so could customize order of Right Click Menu items (similar to Home Page drag and drop customization) so less used items would be lower on left hand side:

Both "Search this Resource" and "Morph Search" do a search of this resource (Bible and Morph).  Personally would prefer for prioritized Lexicons to appear earlier (not like need to scroll down to see top 5 while wishing list could be expanded a bit, up to 12).  Right click menu has redundant entry for Lookup and highest prioritized lexicon; both open the same headword in the same resource (with automatic placement of tab location).  Noted "Lookup" and "Lookup in a new tab" are similar; new tab can open another copy of highest prioritized lexicon.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 24665
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 15 2013 11:20 PM

Hi Wayne

Wayne:

I frequently right click a word to open the Bible Study drop down box. At times I would just like to open BDAG. Presently I have to scroll down to open BDAG. I would like for the top 3-5 lexical resources to be already in the box when opening without needing to scroll down to the lexicon of choice.

Is this discussion helping answer your original question?

Graham 

Posts 165
Wayne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 16 2013 3:54 AM

I typically use ESV or NKJV and frequently want to look up the word in the original. What I on screen is what is shown below. BDAG is prioritized and comes up when I scroll down, but I would like for it to appear in the initial drop down window. I am using a 14 inch monitor. Sorry I wasn't active yesterday, but was busy with family and church activities. Edit: In my post the print screen is appearing, but when I go to read it doesn't appear. I have never used Print Screen in the forum and not sure what additional steps are lacking.

Posts 24665
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 16 2013 4:14 AM

Wayne:
Sorry I wasn't active yesterday, but was busy with family and church activities.

No problemSmile

Wayne:
Edit: In my post the print screen is appearing, but when I go to read it doesn't appear. I have never used Print Screen in the forum and not sure what additional steps are lacking

Normally it just involves uploading the picture using the paperclip icon - more details at http://wiki.logos.com/Screenshot

Posts 24665
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 16 2013 4:21 AM

Wayne:
I typically use ESV or NKJV and frequently want to look up the word in the original

One other way of doing this is using the Information Tool

Below I have clicked on the word "flesh" and as you can see this brings up a link to BDAG (this is currently my highest priority Greek lexicon) in the info panel from where you can click on BDAG and get the complete article

You can customise the settings in the Information tool to select what actually gets displayed.

Posts 165
Wayne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 16 2013 9:34 AM

Thanks Graham! I will experiment with the Information Window. I would still like to see the popup window from the right click to be enlarged or enable the size to be customized.

Posts 24665
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 16 2013 10:27 AM

Wayne:
I would still like to see the popup window from the right click to be enlarged or enable the size to be customized.

Understood - did you work out how to update your screenshot so we can see what you are seeing?

Posts 165
Wayne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 16 2013 2:08 PM

I was doing a paste and didn't use the upload feature. But this shows what I am getting and what I would like is for the prioritized lexicon to show up when I first open the drop down menu. Wayne

Posts 24665
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 16 2013 11:50 PM

Hi Wayne

Wayne:
But this shows what I am getting

Thanks for that.

As Mark points out above (http://community.logos.com/forums/p/78921/552177.aspx#552177) the difference in behaviour is related to screen resolution.

Mine is normally set to 1920 x 1080 but if I set it to 1029 x 768 I get the same results as you are seeing. Is there any way in which you can increase your screen resolution without making everything too small? I know this is a difficult trade off

Wayne:
what I would like is for the prioritized lexicon to show up when I first open the drop down menu.

Assuming the screen resolution stays the same there are two theoretical ways this could be done:

1. Remove / move further down the menu some of the other information
  2. Make the menu longer

I would doubt it Logos will change the layout of the menu so it comes down to making the menu bigger. At the moment it seems to take about half the height of the screen (not exactly sure how it is determined) and wonder if there would be issues if it ended up taking more of the screen real estate.

This would be something for Logos to think about.

Graham

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 17 2013 5:12 PM

Wayne:
what I would like is for the prioritized lexicon to show up when I first open the drop down menu

As has been said before: if it's the prioritized lexicon you want, you can either just double-click, or you can use 'Look up' at the very top of the column. You only need to scroll down if you want lexicon 2-5.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS