Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 370
Josh Edwards | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 18 2013 7:24 AM

Why in the world is all of the custom text added to a content slide deleted when I change the background??  Can you possibly enlighten me as to why I would want to recreate that text every time I change the background???  This is ridiculous and VERY frustrating... <vent over>

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 8:09 AM

The way Proclaim currently functions is the text style is tied to the background you're using. Switching the background causes the style to change. Likewise when you customize the text the customize the text your customizations will be lost when the background changes. We have heard lots of user feedback on this pain point and have plans to modify how this works in a future release.

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 8:17 AM

Switching from dark text on a light background to a dark background would probably result in us wanting to change the text color ......

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 8:29 AM

David J. Wilson:
Switching from dark text on a light background to a dark background would probably result in us wanting to change the text color ......

The idea is that the media contains text that is already styled for that specific background. Selecting a light background should have dark text and vice versa. This allows our media producers to do more advanced things with text effects (e.g. drop shadow, outer stroke). Where this really breaks down is when users have uploaded their own custom backgrounds and are switching between them.

Posts 94
Jonathan Griffiths | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 11:01 AM

Perhaps you could make this a user defined choice, either program-wide (automatically format text/retain user defined text) or an element specific option in the edit field?

L5 on Lenovo Thinkpad, i5, windows 7 pro | Logos App on Samsung Galaxy S3 | Logos App on tablet soon

Posts 370
Josh Edwards | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 11:17 AM

I understand why you have it set like that... however, all I'm doing is changing the video background because I wanted something different.  I shouldn't have to recreate custom text (not even using predefined fields) and then reposition and change the color and everything else (I have multiple custom text fields) just to change the background... period!  I had the custom text formatted in a way that would keep me from having to change the styling of it anyway.  I always use a black outline around white text with a drop shadow, which makes it pretty much usable on any video or moving background.  This needs to be changed.  It's entirely too difficult to change backgrounds and have all of my text be deleted as well.  Things like this are what drive people away from good programs.  It makes me lose time, not save it, unfortunately.  Anyway, just registering my thoughts and frustrations.

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 11:24 AM

Josh Edwards:
 I shouldn't have to recreate custom text (not even using predefined fields) and then reposition and change the color and everything else (I have multiple custom text fields) just to change the background... period!

I agree with you and we have changes for this in the works. I didn't mean to sound like I'm saying what we're currently doing is 100% correct, just explaining how we got there. Thanks for your feedback and patience.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS