Anchor Sentence Diagrams

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 81
Daniel R. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 24 2013 5:24 AM

It would really be nice to have the ability to insert a passage in the Sentence Diagram, and then anchor or lock it in place. This would keep if from moving around as I annotate. I am constantly hitting ctrl/z to undo when I accidentally grab the sentence while drawing lines, etc. 

Just a thought. I hope it makes sense. 

May the Lord bless you and keep you.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 24 2013 6:48 AM

Indeed makes sense.  

That tool has a considerable amount of potential beyond its traditional use.  Especially with Logos building so much metadata that could used. What-ifs, larger structures, theological arguments in a passage, etc.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 1721
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 24 2013 9:30 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. 

Are you making traditional diagrams, or annotating the inserted text another way? Would you mind posting a screenshot or sharing a document?

Posts 81
Daniel R. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 24 2013 9:48 AM

Hi Bob,

I'll try to post a screen shot soon. I'm on break at work right now.

What I do is develop a sentence flow diagram, then annotate the relationships of the clauses. Something similar to what Osborne teaches in his book "Hermeneutical Spiral" (page 49 fig 1.7). I am also trying to implement the observational markups as described in "Grasping God's Word" by Duvall and Hays (page 38, Romans examples.)

The aforementioned are Logos resources, for which I am very grateful!.

Thanks.

Posts 3308
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 24 2013 6:36 PM

Bob Pritchett:

Thanks for the suggestion. 

Are you making traditional diagrams, or annotating the inserted text another way? Would you mind posting a screenshot or sharing a document?

Here's an example- I have had to keep rearranging this one get the annotating to stay where it belongs.

Posts 1721
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 25 2013 11:15 AM

Thanks -- it's helpful to see what you're doing.

Posts 76
Tim Bray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 25 2013 11:25 AM

Daniel R. Smith:

What I do is develop a sentence flow diagram, then annotate the relationships of the clauses. Something similar to what Osborne teaches in his book "Hermeneutical Spiral" (page 49 fig 1.7). I am also trying to implement the observational markups as described in "Grasping God's Word" by Duvall and Hays (page 38, Romans examples.)

Great idea Daniel, I'm doing all this manually (using the same resources too as it happens) at the moment and would love to move this all to logos, if only to be able to tie it to a passage for future reference.

My vote + 1

Thanks

Tim 

Posts 81
Daniel R. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 25 2013 3:39 PM

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS