LOGOS 5 hangs during synchronization

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 13
Hello all, hope that each of you had a blessed Christmas. Over the last couple of months, LOGOS has become unstable. I run LOGOS on a Macbook Pro running OS X 10.6.8. I have LOGOS 5.2 SR-3 on this machine. It happens frequently, that while I am using LOGOS, the spinning arrows in the upper right corner spin constantly and my machines fan began whirring loudly, telling me that my MacBook is really toiling away. Normally I never hear the fan. I am then required to force quit LOGOS. The program has been anonymously sending error reports each day when I restart the program. At first I thought that LOGOS didn't like working behind a private proxy, so I turn that off when using LOGOS and do a direct connection. However, the problem continues to occur on a daily basis. I am attaching some logs from today and yesterday. Hope it helps. Thanks, Gregory Barnes
Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 28 2013 11:25 AM

Welcome Big Smile

The LogosError.log has many errors about request time out when trying to connect to various Logos servers.  Hence, wonder about network stability and reliability ?  (may want to check network device logs to see if traffic to/from *.logos.com is being blocked)

One option may using Logos primarily offline.  When have reliable network, launch Logos so application can sync.  After sync done, then quit Logos followed by launching Logos for offline use; wiki has Sign In tip => http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_4_Keyboard_Shortcuts_For_Mac

A known issue is letting OS X sleep while Logos 5.2 SR-3 is running, which can also result in force quit being needed.

Another option is email to Logos Technical Support => https://www.logos.com/contact with reference to this thread.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 13
Thanks for the reply. Here is the latest log that I just saved, after recreating the problem. I'll keep in mind about the "sleep" issue. I normally don't have network issues. Often this happens while I am using Firefox, and I-Tunes at the same time. Those apps are on my home network running fine in the background. Thanks again. Gregory
Posts 13
Gregory Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 12 2014 6:15 AM
Hello. I sent logs to logos tech support concerning this problem. I have not heard anything from anybody and this problem is still continuing to be an issue.Just this morning, I opened LOGOS without anything else running in the background. After 30 minutes of continual synching and my fan on the Macbook Pro running full speed, I had to "force quit" the application. Is there anyone available that can possible help me out with this. I have even had to force quit LOGOS even when using LOGOS in the "work offline" mode. What gives?
Posts 24841
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 13 2014 2:58 AM

A couple of things stand out that you can try to eliminate:-

1. Clear History  in Tools > History
  2. Delete /Users/user/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Data/hu6h22kh.ml6/HistoryManager/history.db
  3. Get rid of Popular Highlights from any resource that shows them in the Visual Filters (tri-colour) icon

Note that /Library is a hidden folder.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 10518
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 13 2014 7:41 AM

Dave Hooton:
Note that /Library is a hidden folder.

Gregory, If you hold down the Option key as you access the Finder Go menu, your Library folder will appear in the drop-down.

Posts 13
Gregory Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 16 2014 5:05 AM
Thanks Dave, got this accomplished.
Posts 13
Gregory Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 16 2014 5:07 AM
Thanks 94948, I appreciate it. However, I have already taken care of that. Have the preferences set to show all hidden folders and files as a default. Greg
Posts 10518
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 16 2014 12:57 PM

Gregory Barnes:
I have already taken care of that. Have the preferences set to show all hidden folders and files as a default.

That's good. Thought I had mine set for that, but noticed the Library folder was still missing from the menu. However, it does show in the Finder window.

Gregory Barnes:
Thanks 94948

Did the forum bug bite me temporarily? Noted that my name now shows correctly.

Posts 13
Gregory Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 16 2014 2:12 PM
Delete /Users/user/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Data/hu6h22kh.ml6/HistoryManager/history.db Dave, It seems that Logos rebuilt that file after I deleted it and restarted Logos. Is this normal? Greg
Posts 10518
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 16 2014 3:00 PM

Gregory Barnes:
It seems that Logos rebuilt that file after I deleted it and restarted Logos. Is this normal? Greg

I'm not Dave, but that is normal. That is the purpose of deleting a corrupted file. This forces Logos to rebuild the malformed db.

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 18 2014 9:55 AM

If you still need help with Logos I'd recommend that you give us a call at 1-800-875-6467. 

That way we can resolve that for you right away.

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS