New Vyrso Free Book - Dec. 30th

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 9629
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 30 2013 9:07 AM

https://vyrso.com/product/32097/todays-the-day Today's The Day by Jim Stovall

Today's the Day

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2200
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 30 2013 9:09 AM

Thanks again.  So many free books!

Posts 3845
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 30 2013 9:29 AM

Thanks - I missed this one.

Here is a second one from David C Cook available for the Vyrso e-reader:

Christianish: What If We’re Not Really Following Jesus at All?

https://vyrso.com/product/30728/christianish-what-if-were-not-really-following-jesus-at-all

Here is a third one from David C Cook, but not available via Vyrso:

Running Scared

http://www.dccebooks.com/products/running-scared

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 9629
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 30 2013 9:36 AM

Floyd Johnson:

Here is a second one from David C Cook, but not available via Vyrso:

Running Scared

I missed that one myself. I wish I knew the reason why Logos chooses to offer some books by David C. Cook and not others. I would much rather have them in Vyrso than in Kindle.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 3845
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 30 2013 9:38 AM

Bruce, I went back and edited my list - I now have two additional books, not just the one you saw.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 9629
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 30 2013 9:43 AM

Floyd Johnson:

Bruce, I went back and edited my list - I now have two additional books, not just the one you saw.

Thanks. I noticed that but I already had the first one.

Posts 29803
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 30 2013 10:03 AM

Bruce Dunning:

I wish I knew the reason why Logos chooses to offer some books by David C. Cook and not others.

Some resources are held back for Logos. Some deals aren't made available to Logos. Also, Vyrso has to choose which books to convert, when to do so, and how quickly. I know that they have been a little more choosy due to quality issues.  If I remember correctly, there is something different about the publisher... The book isn't a normal DCC book. 

Bruce Dunning:

I would much rather have them in Vyrso than in Kindle.

me too... But where there's a will, there's a pbb way. Wink

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 9629
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 30 2013 10:24 AM

alabama24:
Some resources are held back for Logos. Some deals aren't made available to Logos. Also, Vyrso has to choose which books to convert, when to do so, and how quickly. I know that they have been a little more choosy due to quality issues.  If I remember correctly, there is something different about the publisher... The book isn't a normal DCC book. 

Thanks. I don't fully understand it but I knew there probably is a reason.

alabama24:

Bruce Dunning:

So I'm new the the Kindle thing. Is there a way to convert a Kindle book into a pbb?

Posts 1145
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 30 2013 11:13 AM

Bruce,

There are some threads which describe how to and the issues regarding converting Kindle books to docx.  Here is one of the latest: 

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/79378.aspx 

Posts 9629
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 30 2013 11:16 AM

Joan Korte:

Bruce,

There are some threads which describe how to and the issues regarding converting Kindle books to docx.  Here is one of the latest: 

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/79378.aspx

Thanks Joan. I usually search before asking a question but this time I didn't. Embarrassed

Posts 1145
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 30 2013 11:21 AM

No problem, Bruce.  There are ethical issues discussed in other threads regarding this kind of conversion that you may find helpful, too.

Posts 159
ELA | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 31 2013 11:05 AM

alabama24:

Bruce Dunning:

I wish I knew the reason why Logos chooses to offer some books by David C. Cook and not others.

Bruce Dunning:

Yes it's a mystery why some books are offered for free - and others not. I guess it's not totally free for Vyrso to offer a 'free book'. I am very thankful as an international customer that especially Zondervan's books are offered at the same price for all. Amazon and other compagnies only offer their books outside US at at totally different price - IF they're offered at all!

A good offer outside of Vyrso today (31.12) though: at least 15 of Beth Moore's books are offered completely free at christianbook.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS