Text Comparison - Oooops

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 8
David Gratton | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 25 2009 9:39 AM

Santa brought me L4 Leaders. One feature I was really looking forward to was the Text Comparison. After an hr or so of trying to get it to work, I (along with others in the forum) suddenly realized that its not part of the Leaders bundle. Disappointed.

Sure I can see multiple versions side by side but I wanted the features as shown in the tutorial videos. I do not believe anywhere in the tutorial videos does it state that this feature is only available in Languages and up. Possibly adding some clarity in the videos section with respect to what features are available with which bundles will prevent others from making the mistake I made.

In going back to the comparison chart it is clear that the Text Comparison is not a feature of the Leaders bundle. I studied that chart multiple times prior to purchase and never noticed it before. I guess by the time I got to the bottom of the chart my brain was numb and I assumed the stuff at the bottom was insignificant any way. Oooops! Again, for a feature that seems so fundamental and highlighted in the videos, a little more clarity may be helpful.

Its ironic that the text comparison feature on my free Logos iPhone app is better than what is in my $$ Leaders bundle.

No problem I'll just upgrade... Well the upgrade tool bumps me all the way to Scholar and even with the upgrade special it ends up costing more than if I had just bought Scholar (discounted) to begin with.

Any suggestions? I'm hoping customer service will be kind to me?

Merry Christmas all!

dave

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 25 2009 11:43 AM

Hi Dave,

Customer services are very reasonable and amicable and I am sure they will be able to help you out (my experience has been wholly positive). Furthermore, there is a thirty-day money back guarantee so I am sure you will not lose money in upgrading (or, more accurately, switching) to Scholars.

I would give them a call when they open (on Monday, I think).

Happy Christmas to you also.

Andy

Posts 29365
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 25 2009 11:45 AM

Yes, I do hope CS is kind to you. Yes, there has been discussion on the board questioning the wisdom of not including the Text Comparison in the low end products and of not noting the exclusion in the tutorials.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 22
Tom Gray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 25 2009 3:33 PM

I too was excited to see the comparison tools in the training videos, and upset to see that I did not have the tool at my fingertips in a 'Leadership' level program. I think it would only be appropriate if the training videos would at least mention at the outset which versions actually had the tools they were training on at the outset - so that other 'Mind boggled' would-be purchasers such as Dave and myself could properly identify which version they desire to purchase.

With that said it would not have made a difference in my case since I can not afford the $240 difference between the two versions. =-(

I would like to see Logos consider making some of the software tools available as Add-ons so that I could (hopefully) 'upgrade' my software as time went by. Many of the language tools that are only available on higher versions are very interesting to me and I'd really like to get my hands on them, but once again the difference in cost truly is keeping me from doing so.

In addition I never noted that I could have both downloaded and requested a DVD for my software. I have had 3 different machines in the past 6 years and would liked to have known that I could have gotten the DVD so that I can transfer it to my next machine...

Oh well, live and learn.

May Christ continue to be gracious to us all!

Tom

Posts 2396
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 25 2009 5:28 PM

I've always found customer service fair.   Give them a call and see what they can do for you.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS