The Other Wise Man by Henry VanDyke

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 387
Calvin Habig | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 4 2014 10:25 AM

0880.The Other Wise Man.docx

The submission of "The Gift of the Magi" reminded me of one of my favorite Christmas short stories: The Story of the Other Wise Man by Henry VanDyke.

I prefer author pics, but I know that some prefer book covers, so I offer both here for your selection:

Posts 178
DavidS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 4 2014 11:10 AM

Thank you very much! Smile

Posts 10245
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 4 2014 2:05 PM

Thanks a lot for sharing!

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 4 2014 4:00 PM

Peace, Calvin!            *smile*                       A Blessed and Happy 2014 to you, eh?!!!

What a superb story!                 Thanks very, very much!            I am truly grateful.  Have never come across that story before.

I actually shed a few tears when I read it just before supper here in Eastern Canada!

My Lorna June will be reading it soon ......      *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 387
Calvin Habig | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 4 2014 4:55 PM

Charles:

It is a joy that I could introduce you to it. 

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 4 2014 7:01 PM

Let's see, there was Kaspar, Balthasar and Melchior.  The other one must have been Vladimir.  Wink

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 5 2014 5:45 AM

George Somsel:

Let's see, there was Kaspar, Balthasar and Melchior.  The other one must have been Vladimir.  Wink

Peace, George!                    *smile*                                             Are YOU one of those Wise Guys?                ???       eh?

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 5 2014 6:00 AM

Milford Charles Murray:

George Somsel:

Peace, George!                    *smile*                                             Are YOU one of those Wise Guys?                ???       eh?

No, they were from the east while I'm a mid-western guy.  Big Smile

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 9079
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 5 2014 1:46 PM

Thanks Calvin. Looks like an interesting read.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS