Can I make a reading plan and choose the order in which I read the Bible books?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 33
Sylvio Janelle | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 8 2014 8:24 AM

It's all there in the subject box: Can I make a reading plan and choose the order in which I read the Bible books?

I finished last year by reading the prophets.  I'd like to start the year with the prophets while it's fairly fresh and because I want to put an emphasis on those books this year.  Is there a way to make myself a reading plan in which I can pick the order of the books I read?

Thanks!

Posts 407
Ray from Faithlife | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 8 2014 9:06 AM

Yes.

Try adding a custom range to a Reading plan, using commas to seperate values, and order the books however you'd like.

For example:

Is-Da, Lk, Ac, Ho-Mal would be Isaiah–Daniel, Luke, Acts, and Hosea–Malachi. You could do this all the way through scripture, including books in an order that you choose. Does that make sense?

RD3

Logos Marketing | ray.deck@logos.com

Posts 33
Sylvio Janelle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 8 2014 5:33 PM

Makes total sense!  I tried at least four times and it seemed to work but, at the end, it didn't...  :-(

The software wants me to name my reading plan and that's where it goes bad: it assigns my plan another name...and my plan becomes another plan!!!  I had other weird stuff happen today with my Logos (wrote this questions over three times and got an error message each time!  I didn't know it actually got posted!!!  It might have something to do with the indexing...  I'll try again, thanks!

Posts 33
Sylvio Janelle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 9 2014 6:39 AM

I tried again, twice, with the same problem: when I am done entering my list, I can't save it.  If I click on something else - let's say on the dates - my plan is erased and replaced by an existing plan!  Don't know what to do...

Posts 33
Sylvio Janelle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 9 2014 7:18 AM

Somehow, I was able to modify the plan that was on my homepage and save it.  So I'm good for a year...  Not sure what happened.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS