Upgrade from Starter to Portfolio

Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 31 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 23
Ragnheðin Ryggstein | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 15 2014 2:50 PM

Does any body know if it is possible to buy "Starter" and then work the way up to "Portfolio"?

and will the price be more then the total price for Portfolio or more??

Regards

Raggi

Posts 29802
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 15 2014 2:58 PM
Welcome to the forums! Smile
Ragnhedin Ryggstein:

Does any body know if it is possible to buy "Starter" and then work the way up to "Portfolio"?

and will the price be more then the total price for Portfolio or more??

Regards

Raggi

Yes it is possible, but it will be more expensive in the long run. Generally speaking, it is best to buy what you can afford and need. In some cases, using logos financing is a good idea.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 23
Ragnheðin Ryggstein | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 15 2014 3:30 PM

Thank you Alabama24, for a very quick answer, I tried to get an answer from Logos / Sales for 5 days ago, but still waitingSmile

So if i would buy "Portfolio" i would have a life long access to all material, books etc. also if i would be offline/not connected to the www. and every thing would be downloaded to my HD?

I need it to be offline, for i am working on a vessel (maritime)

God bless you and god night

Raggi

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 15 2014 3:49 PM

Ragnhedin Ryggstein:

Welcome Big Smile

Logos is easier to install initially when computer is online so can download resource licenses and resource files => https://www.logos.com/installation 

After download completes, indexing can be done offline.  Also can use Logos offline; searching uses indexes locally on the Windows or OS X computer. Note: downloading documents from Faithlife groups needs online access, then the documents can be used offline.

Personally have a tablet that is always offline; method 1 was helpful for cloning Logos from an online installation => http://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_multiple_computers

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 15 2014 3:49 PM

Ragnhedin Ryggstein:
So if i would buy "Portfolio" i would have a life long access to all material, books etc. also if i would be offline/not connected to the www. and every thing would be downloaded to my HD?

Yes, that is correct. Once you have downloaded everything onto your PC/Mac, you can work offline.

Although Alabama24 is correct to say that it is more expensive to work your way up to Portfolio, it is not that much more expensive - particularly if you jump a few steps along the way. Having said that, if you're considering Portfolio I wouldn't bother with Starter and would recommend Bronze as a minimum (ideally Silver).

If there's someone reading who has a current base package, and nothing else they may be able to give you an example upgrade price to Portfolio.

Posts 29802
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 15 2014 3:51 PM

Ragnhedin Ryggstein:
So if i would buy "Portfolio" i would have a life long access to all material, books etc

Yes. You never lose resources. If the base packages change (they will at some point), those changes only affect NEW purchasers. Furthermore, you will receive credit for the books you currently own if you purchase a new base package in the future. Doing so only adds the new books on top of what you would already own at the time.

Ragnhedin Ryggstein:
also if i would be offline/not connected to the www. and every thing would be downloaded to my HD?

The mobile and desktop apps work differently in this matter. The mobile app is primarily designed for ONLINE access, although you can download resources. The desktop app is designed primarily for OFFLINE access, although the software has cloud syncing capabilities. To answer your question directly, yes, everything would download to your HD. Be prepared: it will take a LONG time unless you have really good internet. Wink

Posts 1987
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 15 2014 6:59 PM

alabama24:

Yes. You never lose resources. If the base packages change (they will at some point), those changes only affect NEW purchasers. Furthermore, you will receive credit for the books you currently own if you purchase a new base package in the future. Doing so only adds the new books on top of what you would already own at the time.

alabama, that's not always the case..

recently, I tried to upgrade to portfolio.. and sale team won't credit me the books that I already own in the higher package..

very dissapointing & upsetting..

Posts 29802
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 15 2014 7:03 PM

mike:
recently, I tried to upgrade to portfolio.. and sale team won't credit me the books that I already own in the higher package..

Really? Which books? What package do you currently own?

Posts 1987
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 15 2014 9:32 PM

I have Diamond + Greek NT Discourse Bundle (9 Vols.) .. which included in the portfolio (the 6 Vols. one)

and they cant credited that because of some reasons.. 

.. long story short .. my hypertension was up..

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 15 2014 9:47 PM

Ragnhedin Ryggstein:
So if i would buy "Portfolio" i would have a life long access to all material, books etc.

Yes, and you can also put it in your will.

Your name sounds Icelandic. Are you?

Ragnhedin Ryggstein:

Make sure to always have a full backup copy. The books can be redownloaded the next time you're online, but any notes, highlights etc that haven't synced would be lost in case of a HD failure or the like.

Mark Barnes:
Although Alabama24 is correct to say that it is more expensive to work your way up to Portfolio, it is not that much more expensive

That's true if looking only at full prices, but there are frequent 10-25% discounts on new base packages, and only very infrequent (and generally smaller) discounts on upgrades. 

mike:

Are you perhaps misunderstanding how it works? If you've bought a book for $25 that only costs $2 in the base package, your credit will be $2 (and should already be included in the dynamic price you see on the website). Were you expecting to get the full $25? You can only get that if you've bought it so recently that it can be returned. 

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 692
Otto S. Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 15 2014 10:00 PM

mike:

very dissapointing & upsetting..

Have you tried upgrading online?

About four months ago during a base package sale, I upgraded from Platinum to Portfolio online - during the process I was presented with a chart that identified the books in Portfolio that were already in my library and was told that only the books I didn't already own were reflected in the quoted price of the upgrade. That price was significantly (at least 60%) lower than the sale price quoted after I logged out of my Logos account.

15" rMBP 2.6 GHz i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1.0 TB Flash Drive | OS X 10.12.3 | Logos 7.0 (7.3.0.0062)

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 15 2014 10:20 PM

Otto S. Carroll:
Have you tried upgrading online?

I have never heard of a sales rep quoting a higher price for a base package than the one online. They can frequently offer a lower price, though. I hate having to buy through a sales rep, but I would never recommend anyone to buy from the website without first checking with one.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 692
Otto S. Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 15 2014 10:37 PM

fgh:
I have never heard of a sales rep quoting a higher price for a base package than the one online. They can frequently offer a lower price, though. I hate having to buy through a sales rep, but I would never recommend anyone to buy from the website without first checking with one.

Well, go read the post I was responding to - he is reporting that the sales team did NOT work with him at all!!!

15" rMBP 2.6 GHz i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1.0 TB Flash Drive | OS X 10.12.3 | Logos 7.0 (7.3.0.0062)

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 15 2014 10:56 PM

If you'd read my post further up you would know that I already have read that post, as I responded to it.Wink

There is nothing in his post saying that he was quoted a higher price than on the website. I guess anything is possible, but from the information I have so far, I consider that very unlikely. My first suspicion, like I said above, would be that he's simply misunderstood how the system works (he wouldn't be the first one). Alternatively, there could be an error in the ownership logic, but in that case the website will be just as wrong.

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 163
Sakarias Ingolfsson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 15 2014 11:04 PM

fgh:

Ragnhedin Ryggstein:
So....

Your name sounds Icelandic. Are you?

I have never heard such a name in Iceland, but it does have a Nordic ring to it. I am going to guess that little island group half way to Britain: Føroyar

Posts 692
Otto S. Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 15 2014 11:30 PM

fgh:
There is nothing in his post saying that he was quoted a higher price than on the website.

And there's nothing in his post that suggested that he had checked the website price before calling sales in the first place!!! That is why I asked, "Have you tried upgrading online?" Considering his frustration with the process, going to the wesite site may have helped him see that the sales team really was working with him in good faith. On major purchase, I check the website price FIRST to see if the its in the ballpark of what I'm willing to pay. If so, I will call my rep to see if I can obtain any addition savings.

When I called my Sales Rep to arrange a payment plan for my Portfolio package, she was able to give me an additional $100 off the price I was quoted on the website. On another major purchase (I think the "Anchor Yale Bible"), I called her to see if I could get a further discount - because of restrictions set by the publisher, she could not offer me the package for less than the website price. I bought that package online a few days later.

Posts 23
Ragnheðin Ryggstein | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 15 2014 11:44 PM

I am from the Faroe Island (Føroyar) SE from Iceland, have a lot of family in Iceland, have also been working there, for 2-3 years back in 93-95

Regards

Raggi

Posts 23
Ragnheðin Ryggstein | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 15 2014 11:51 PM

Hi all

I would like to tank you all for some great help on my questions

I have but 1 more to ask: Is it possible for products on Amazon Kindle Paper White, to work together with Logos software?

Again tank you and God bless

Raggi

Posts 1987
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 16 2014 12:17 AM

Ragnhedin Ryggstein:

Hi all

I would like to tank you all for some great help on my questions

I have but 1 more to ask: Is it possible for products on Amazon Kindle Paper White, to work together with Logos software?

Again tank you and God bless

Raggi

Hi Raggi,

The answer is no..

but, you could convert your Amazon (.mobi) files into Microsoft Word (.docx) using Calibre, ABBYY FineReader, AcrobatPro or Office 2013.

you can choose one from here

I personally like the ABBYY FineReader.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 16 2014 12:29 AM

Ragnhedin Ryggstein:
I am from the Faroe Island (Føroyar)

I was going to tell Sakarias that he might well be right, but you beat me to it.Smile I agree the name doesn't sound like a "typical" Icelandic name. A bit too close to Norwegian, but not quite that either. Have to admit I never thought about the Faroes.Embarrassed Well, an extra welcome to a fellow Scandinavian. I'm Swedish. 

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS