Logos 5 Crashed after HDD crashed (Blue Screen)

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Barry van der Merwe | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 18 2014 3:40 AM

I have Logos 5 installed on my Peckard Bell Laptop (CPU: Intel i5-2450M; 8GB DDR3 Memory) but my HDD crashes every now and then (blue screen etc.) which forcees me to do a hard boot (restart).

After the last crash my Logos 5 also didn't want to restart and gave me an error: "Logos 5 Bible Software has stopped working.

I've sent my Log file to support@logos.com more than 5 days ago but haven't had a reply yet. Maybe someone here can help. I've attached my log files here as well.

4540.Logos Log Files.zipThanks.

Posts 25339
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 18 2014 3:49 AM

Hi Barry

Your history database has become corrupt - C:\Users\Family\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\tqdjxszm.ag1\HistoryManager\history.db

Suggest you remove it and restart Logos which should recreate it. 

Hope this helps

Graham 

PS: Not relevant to this problem but I note you are running Logos 5.2 SR 3 - Service Release 4 is available.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 18 2014 7:00 AM

Packard Bell???  I thought they quit making those back when they first knocked the corners off stones to create wheels !  Hewlett Packard is the successor.  I'm surprised you could run Logos on such an old machine.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 25339
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 18 2014 7:04 AM

George Somsel:

Packard Bell???  I thought they quit making those back when they first knocked the corners off stones to create wheels !  Hewlett Packard is the successor.  I'm surprised you could run Logos on such an old machine.

Packard Bell has gone through an interesting history but is now a subsidiary of Acer and is still making and selling laptops.

Posts 27232
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 18 2014 1:35 PM

Barry v/d Merwe:
but my HDD crashes every now and then (blue screen etc.)

I think the drive should be replaced as crashing "every now and then" is definitely not healthy; and will lead to further issues with Logos.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 4
Barry van der Merwe | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 4 2014 10:09 AM

Hi Graham

My problem has been resolved. Thanks a million!!!

Posts 4
Barry van der Merwe | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 5 2014 10:58 AM

Another issue arose. After following Graham's advice Logos was able to start but the following two problems occurred.

Updates wouldn’t install. I received the following Error message: The program or feature“\??\C:\Users\Family\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\tqdjxszm.ag1\UpdateManager\Installers\843\LogosSetup.exe” cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available.

Posts 25339
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 5 2014 11:01 AM

Hi Barry

Someone else noted a similar problem recently - http://community.logos.com/forums/p/80744/565414.aspx#565414 

I suggest you follow Bradley's advice at the bottom of that thread and please let us know how you get on.

Graham

Posts 4
Barry van der Merwe | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 5 2014 11:08 AM

Another issue arose. After following Graham's advice Logos was able to start but the following two problems occurred. 1. Updates wouldn’t install. I received the following Error message: The program or feature “\??\C:\Users\Family\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\tqdjxszm.ag1\UpdateManager\Installers\843\LogosSetup.exe” cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available.

Posts 25339
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 5 2014 12:07 PM

Hi Barry

This looks like a repost of the post above. Were you intending to flag something else?

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS