BUG:Logos 5 and Endnote 7x

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 63
Bryan Speer | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 27 2014 10:43 PM

I have issues importing a bibliographic report from Logos to Endnote.  Logos 5 has an option to export this file in the RIS format.  I did that and tried to import it into Endnote  and it failed.

I opened up a case with Endnote and sent them the Logos 5 file I exported.  They came back and said the tagged fields in the Logos RIS export do not match the RIS standard.  Endnote sent me the following link to the RIS tagged standard:

http://www.refman.com/support/risformat_intro.asp

How do we get this to the Logos application team to look at the export function?

Thanks.

Posts 270
KJ Niblett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 28 2014 4:08 AM

I usually past my quote into MSWord as unformatted text and then copy the bibliographic information into endnote. I like this even if it was more automated as not all dictionary entries are properly tagged for referencing.

That way I can clearly see who wrote the article or section.

what the title of the article is and

who the editors are

Posts 3194
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 28 2014 10:26 AM

Hi Bryan,

I'll write up a case for this. 

Can you provide me with your .ris file? 

Posts 63
Bryan Speer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 15 2014 9:45 AM

I deleted the file.  I just selected two books and exported them from my Logos library and tried to import them.  I can recreate it if needed.

How do we check up to see if this will be addressed in a future application update?

Posts 3194
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 17 2014 12:50 PM

Can you replicate the behvaior, and post the .ris file? If you don't want to post it here I can email you and you can reply to my email with it. 

Posts 932
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 4 2014 12:59 PM

Was this ever resolved? When I try to export as RIS and then import into EndNote, it asks me what filter to use. What filter does Logos employ for exporting?

Posts 3311
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 18 2014 7:22 PM

None of the exports work correctly.  Here is an ris I exported today but it will NOT import into Endnote.  I even tried to edit the file manually and it still wouldn't go.  Actually it won't let me attache it, says it's not an accepted file format.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS