BUG:Logos 5 and Endnote 7x

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 63
Bryan Speer | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 27 2014 10:43 PM

I have issues importing a bibliographic report from Logos to Endnote.  Logos 5 has an option to export this file in the RIS format.  I did that and tried to import it into Endnote  and it failed.

I opened up a case with Endnote and sent them the Logos 5 file I exported.  They came back and said the tagged fields in the Logos RIS export do not match the RIS standard.  Endnote sent me the following link to the RIS tagged standard:

http://www.refman.com/support/risformat_intro.asp

How do we get this to the Logos application team to look at the export function?

Thanks.

Posts 270
KJ Niblett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 28 2014 4:08 AM

I usually past my quote into MSWord as unformatted text and then copy the bibliographic information into endnote. I like this even if it was more automated as not all dictionary entries are properly tagged for referencing.

That way I can clearly see who wrote the article or section.

what the title of the article is and

who the editors are

Posts 3196
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 28 2014 10:26 AM

Hi Bryan,

I'll write up a case for this. 

Can you provide me with your .ris file? 

Posts 63
Bryan Speer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 15 2014 9:45 AM

I deleted the file.  I just selected two books and exported them from my Logos library and tried to import them.  I can recreate it if needed.

How do we check up to see if this will be addressed in a future application update?

Posts 3196
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 17 2014 12:50 PM

Can you replicate the behvaior, and post the .ris file? If you don't want to post it here I can email you and you can reply to my email with it. 

Posts 932
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 4 2014 12:59 PM

Was this ever resolved? When I try to export as RIS and then import into EndNote, it asks me what filter to use. What filter does Logos employ for exporting?

Posts 3318
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 18 2014 7:22 PM

None of the exports work correctly.  Here is an ris I exported today but it will NOT import into Endnote.  I even tried to edit the file manually and it still wouldn't go.  Actually it won't let me attache it, says it's not an accepted file format.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS