Not fully downloading

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 84
rksaw | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 28 2014 8:55 AM

I called customer service yesterday because I had bought a book on January 7th and keep noticing that it "hadn't arrived" yet.  Each time I would start Logos, it would begin to download but just stop for no apparent reason.  The customer service rep (who shall remain nameless) thought it was a firewall issue and sent me a link to look at (she didn't walk me through the steps while I fixed it), but after trying her solution, I still have the same problem.  To make matters worse, this isn't happening on just one of my computers, but rather two; my main desktop has 98+ MB to download while my laptop has 1.39 GB to download...apparently this had been going on for quite some time.  Any advice Logos gurus?

Thanks and Go Broncos!

Richard

Posts 26697
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 28 2014 9:36 AM

Not too sure if I should reaspond to a Broncos supporterBig Smile but a few more details would help (OS/computer, version of Logos). Also need some logs, especially LogosIndexer.log and Logos.log.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 84
rksaw | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 28 2014 10:20 AM

All my Puddle Chicken neighbors up here in the Great Northwest are giving me grief, but that's alright...

In regard to needing more details, Mike from Customer Service was a big help and we discovered that you MUST remain the administrator on your computer to continue receiving the updates.  Logos is working on a fix, but it will be a long time coming.

Richard

Posts 26697
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 28 2014 5:37 PM

rksaw:
All my Puddle Chicken neighbors up here in the Great Northwest are giving me grief, but that's alright...

The Broncos "Down Under" belong to a different city from mine and also play a different sport to your team!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 84
rksaw | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 28 2014 7:28 PM

Well, apparently being the administrator isn't the only problem I'm having.  Hopefully Mike is available tomorrow to look through my error files and tell me what the next step will be!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS