Guy P. Harrison: 50 Questions for Every Christian

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 33460
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 29 2014 5:10 PM

I'd like this to be in Logos as a typical example of atheist apologetics. But I'm more interested in knowing it there are enough people interested in how to counter his arguments to create a Faithlife group ... I was thinking of working through the book a chapter a week. We might even summarize each week's discussion as a rebuttal PB

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 905
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 29 2014 5:33 PM

Yep. Great idea.

"I read dead people..."

Posts 2852
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 29 2014 6:33 PM

MJ. Smith:

I'd like this to be in Logos as a typical example of atheist apologetics. But I'm more interested in knowing it there are enough people interested in how to counter his arguments to create a Faithlife group ... I was thinking of working through the book a chapter a week. We might even summarize each week's discussion as a rebuttal PB

How many needed to start? 

He states in his introduction: "I have had many encounters with many Christians in many countries, some casual and some in formal interviews. One of the things I have learned to do well over the years is to interact with Christians in a way that inspires them to think more deeply about their beliefs without annoying or angering them."

[[Note to self: I thought that you were not going to read any more of her posts [along with certain others] because they keep getting you to buy just one more book? Reply to self: Yes, but they are mostly very good suggestions and interesting books!]] 

Posts 33460
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 29 2014 9:03 PM

David Ames:
How many needed to start? 

I was thinking 7 or 8 so if some drop out we keep 5-6 that I trust to really be involved.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 28
Wayne M. Pask | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 30 2014 12:36 PM

MJ,  

I would be interested in participating in such a group.  Recently retired (Aug 2013) Lutheran pastor here. Developing a neighborhood outreach ministry, centered around group Bible study in the neighborhood. Would be interested in discussing this more with you off forum. 

Wayne

Rev. Wayne M. Pask, Emeritus

Richmond,VA

Posts 2852
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 30 2014 6:06 PM

MJ. Smith:

I was thinking of working through the book a chapter a week. 

Having started to read the book I need to ask do we spend a week on each Chapter or each Section?  

There is enough in each section to make for a long reply.  

Posts 33460
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 30 2014 7:58 PM

I'm willing to adjust the schedule to whatever seems right to the group.

Posts 33460
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 30 2014 8:08 PM

Wayne M. Pask:
Would be interested in discussing this more with you off forum. 

you can reach me at mjespuiva the provider being aol dot com.

Posts 33460
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 31 2014 1:59 PM

See https://faithlife.com/guy-p-harrison-50-simple-questions-for-every-christian/Members

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS