Error while indexing

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 34
Dave Palmer | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 29 2014 7:23 PM

Hello,

I bought Logos Starter Base package this past Sunday.  However, whenever Logos tries to index the resources I get an error. I've tried restarting Logos, tried issuing the command line Rebuild Index but always to the same result.  I've seen it error out as soon as 3% complete and as much as 58% complete.  The description in the exception window is "Exception in DoProcessReverseInterlinearIndexData".

Thanks for your help!

Dave

0574.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 29035
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 29 2014 8:06 PM

Welcome to the forums! Sorry you are having troubles. Tongue Tied

Good job posting logs! They are beyond my current ability to assess. Have you tried restarting your computer?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 26378
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 30 2014 1:43 AM

From the Indexer log the Library Index needs to be re-done (your rebuild command) but here are many errors with individual resources:-

• LLS:1.0.20 = NCV
  • LLS:14.0.1 = NBD, 3rd ed
  • LLS:46.10.12 = ?
  • LLS:46.10.22 = MW Dictionary

Previously (IndexerError log) there have been errors with Reverse Interlinear datasets. The fix has been an automatic re-indexing, but that just leads to a cycle of errors and re-indexing because the problem is not the Library resource index. The Bible index is fine.

I would perform a disk check to ensure it is not corrupting your resources and then contact Logos Tech Support for a better diagnosis and fix.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 9015
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 30 2014 11:45 AM

I suspect bad hardware--it looks like you're seeing "random" corruption in a lot of different files. Like Dave said, it could be the disk, but I'd also strongly recommend a thorough memory test, e.g., http://www.memtest.org/

If these crashes only happen during indexing, it could be caused by overheating due to inadequate cooling in your system. If you're using a laptop, trying using a cooling pad to reduce the temperature. Alternatively, if you contact tech support, they can help you modify a registry setting to use fewer indexing threads; this will make indexing take (a lot) longer, but your CPU will run cooler.

Posts 361
Stephen Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 30 2014 2:42 PM

Just for your interest....

LLS:46.10.12  = Hebrew-Aramaic Dictionary

Stephen Miller

Sydney, Australia

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS