Want to Stay Informed but too many emails

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 37
Nelson R. Pardee | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 1 2014 9:06 AM

I like to keep up on what Logos is doing, but I'm getting too much and find myself tempted to ignore much of the emails I'm receiving.  I do know about the subscription web page, and have tried to carefully select the "right" ones. However, I'm clearly getting overlapping information. Suggestions appreciated. FWIW, I'm subscribed to Company Updates, Newswire, Freebies, Personalized offers, Regional alerts, Special offers, Baptist Resources, Community Pricing, Pre-Publications, Free Book of the month, Black Friday, Christmas Specials, March Madness. Yeah- tell me it's a lot- Maybe it's just that Logos is doing a lot. I'm interested in all of those, but I'm feeling there's overlap. I could track all of the postings and categorize them, but hoping to short circuit that labor intensive process with some help from Logos users.

Posts 9010
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 1 2014 2:08 PM

I've noticed the same thing Nelson as I also subscribe to a lot of email notifications. My approach is to give each one a quick overview and then press delete. There may be overlap but it isn't that annoying for me at this time. On the other hand if there was a way to eliminate overlap I'd like to know too.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2091
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 1 2014 2:30 PM

I really want to be informed and appreciate Logos' comprehensive approach.  When you said "delete" and "overlap" i had to think of the key words that make me delete without reading, thereby missing some great deals Super Angry  

"Overlap" - in the sense of the word, meaning all the personalized great deals I have for products I already own.  Why....?  [Delete] along with accompanying good deals.  I should break that bad habit, but probably won't.

"Last Chance" - while it may be true be the Letter of the Law, it is probably seldom true by the Spirit of the Law.  "Last Chance" is probably means there will soon be many other similar chances with this product and I am going to hold out for a better one.

I have opted in to only a few categories of email, but life is short, work is busy and investing time in people is important, so if the email "passes" it gets a quick glance.  If not, the whole thing goes. When product overlap has been too great or emails too annoying, then  unsubscribe. 

Until Logos tunes the system--I hope we get notified when that happens.

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 20 2014 2:21 PM

I just somewhat frequently adjust the subscriptions based on what I already own. I'm subscribed to many lists and leave most emails unopened - I can tell which ones contain multiple offers and which ones only contain one which can be discerned from the subject line.
Deals usually last for about a week, so I often wait until the last days to open emails, if I open them, finding some time which was not under pressure to schedule for other things.

I try to save time on my library-building by mostly making large orders only - each time using a few days for thinking about, discussing and canceling items from the order, also adding resources that are on a sale (trying to avoid looking through all what's on monthly sale), then email + call a sales rep - any of the ones I've used regularly, or the most available one by emailing sales ÁT logos DÓT com first.
- This way I don't have to think about any orders most weeks.

Then I keep watch when pre-pubs are coming out, and use my brain intensely to pay only the best and most necessary ones as some pre-pubs are very tempting.

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 6,200own
12G A9-9420 V8.6 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS