How to advance verse by verse in Bibles

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 27
M Luper | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 27 2009 8:57 AM

When I am doing Bible study/translation I like to progress one verse at a time and have all other resources follow along. In L4 I have tried using the down arrow on the keyboard, the scrolling wheel on my mouse, the arrows on the side of the reading pane, and I cannot find out a way to have the Bibles progress one verse at a time without actually going up to the reference box and changing the verse (which gets very tedious). Is there a way to progress verse by verse in Bibles?

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 9:10 AM

M,

No...there isn't really,

this has been discussed on the forums before...I'm not sure of it's status though, whether it's coming in a future version or not.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 431
Mary-Ellen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 9:28 AM

Clicking on a verse makes it appear in the reference box, but does not seem to move linked resources.  Possible bug?

Dell XPS 8930/Intel Core i7-8700@3.20GHz/32GB RAM/Win10 Pro

Surface Pro 7/Intel Core i7-1065 G7@1.30GHz/16 GB RAM/Win10 Home

iPad Air/Pixel/Faithlife Connect

Posts 373
Ken F Hill | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 1:51 PM

M Luper:
progress one verse at a time without actually going up to the reference box and changing the verse (which gets very tedious)

I've asked for this too.  I use a couple of ways -- but still tedious:

• right-click on the verse you want
  • from the popup menu, choose "reference" on the right
  • from the menu, choose "open" on the left

If you are going through a series of verses, you only have to choose "reference" the first time.  After the first time, you can right-click > shift-tab > enter.

Another method is to

• left-click the verse you want    (that changes the reference in the reference box)
  • ctrl-g                                        (to move the focus into the reference box)
  • right arrow                                (to get to the end of the reference in the box)
  • spacebar
  • enter
Posts 1957
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2009 12:25 AM

I really hope advancing by verse either through a keyboard shortcut or mouse action gets added in the future! Smile

Posts 1084
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2009 1:19 AM

One of the new features in 4.0a is the visual filter 'bible text only'. It does not do exactly what you want, but because each verse is on a separate line it is easy to navigate to the next verse with the cursor keys.

• Open a bible
  • Click on the three intersecting rings between the reference box and the interlinear 'button'.

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 315
Bob Diebel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2009 4:02 AM

I would hope that future versions would have total Bible control.

CTL- JO Jump to start of old testement

CTL-JN - New

CTL-JB - Next Book

CTL-JC - Next Chapter

CTL - JV - Next Verse

Obviously, they could come up with a better way, but at least this ground should be covered, maybe CTL-JB_REV, or _GEN

This seems important to me.  Thanx for the software, ( and for the soapbox : -)

Posts 185
Steve Shelton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2009 7:44 AM

You can put your bible in bible text only.  You can then use the down arrow or up arrow to move from verse to verse.  The links to other items will move accordingly.  You might have to use the down arrow a couple of times but it works.  Maybe this will help. I actually prefer this way.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2009 8:24 AM

It seems that you are trying to move along in a book similar to that of Logos3, where there was a dropdown menu next to the Up/Down arrows on the book's pane.

The options in L3 were: Article, Bible Book, Bible Chapter, Bible Verse, & Reference.

I asked about this very early after L4 came out. They told me that this incremental variation was to be added later.

Logos: Suggestion

I would suggest (since Up/Down arrow on the keyboard currently moves 1 line at a time) that the following could be added to the keyboard.

Up/Down & no other key = one line up or down

Shift & Up/Down = one Bible verse up or down

Ctrl & Up/Down = one Bible chapter up or down

Alt & Up/Down = one Bible book up or down

Shift & Ctrl & Up/Down = one Bible article up or down

(or some variation of this)

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 373
Ken F Hill | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2009 8:47 AM

Steve Shelton:
You can put your bible in bible text only.  You can then use the down arrow or up arrow to move from verse to verse. 

Thanks for the tip.  I'll probably use this a lot.  It works pretty well -- except I have to press downArrow an additional time to force linked resources to catch up, and then part of the verse is no longer visible in the "driver" pane.

Posts 373
Ken F Hill | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2009 8:48 AM

steve clark:
the following could be added to the keyboard.  Up/Down & no other key = one line up or down ...

I depend on keyboard shortcuts.  I like this suggestion.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2009 9:30 AM

Currently, you can change the reference in the reference box to the next verse by mouse clicking on the next verse, however, this does not move the text, and does not cause another linked Bible's reference to change. I'll submit your requests.

Thanks,
Melissa

Posts 9205
LogosEmployee

Robert Pavich:

this has been discussed on the forums before...I'm not sure of it's status though, whether it's coming in a future version or not.

It will be added in 4.0b.

Posts 431
Mary-Ellen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2009 12:35 PM

Thank you, Logos!

Dell XPS 8930/Intel Core i7-8700@3.20GHz/32GB RAM/Win10 Pro

Surface Pro 7/Intel Core i7-1065 G7@1.30GHz/16 GB RAM/Win10 Home

iPad Air/Pixel/Faithlife Connect

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS