Partial Presentation - Some Slides Work Others Don't - What's going on?

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 50
Rev James Dinger | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 2 2014 6:43 PM

So I got called over by my tech team this morning to discover that only half of my presentation would present today.  Frustration is not what I need prior to a Sunday morning service.  The funny thing is, a video link which was uploaded at over 100 MB never had a problem.

Some slides presented...others would not...not what I was expecting from Proclaim.  Proclaim was the source of a technical disaster today, not what I was hoping for.

I open to any suggestions

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 3 2014 10:12 AM

Rev James Dinger:
Some slides presented...others would not...not what I was expecting from Proclaim

Sorry to hear this. Do you have any more information about what wasn't presenting about it? Were the slides failing to render? 

Posts 50
Rev James Dinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 3 2014 12:34 PM

Hi Scott!

I make almost all of my slides Content Slides - But custom format my background.  My presentation (which is still in the cloud) as well as my pre-service presentation both had issues yesterday.  I did test them out on Saturday and they both worked.  Sunday am - After the update Proclaim initiated - it would not acknowledge several of the slides...it just skipped them...there was also no preview available for them either.

Checking back on the machine that I created the presentation with...everything looked normal...

Thanks,

Jim

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 3 2014 1:43 PM

I've taken a look at both your presentations and it looks like they both have several service items with pending uploads. When you choose a custom background the file needs to be uploaded to our servers in order to be made available to the rest of your group. The upload jobs are represented on the bottom of the main window. While the upload job is completing we let you use the image as a local file, allowing you to continue building the presentation while the file uploads. If the upload fails it can be retried but the uploads must all be successful in order for collaboration to work. Does this clear things up? 

Posts 50
Rev James Dinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 3 2014 9:48 PM

Scott, I did get an initial error during my first upload.  However, I noticed the error and the warning signs from Proclaim.  So I ended up restarting and re-uploading...They all went through...Supposedly.  I did not receive any errors or pending uploads on the final submission.  Actually, when I open Proclaim even now, I don't see a pending upload...Thanks, Jim

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 4 2014 11:31 AM

Hello James,

Are you still having issues with parts of your presentation not loading correctly? If so what operating system and OS version are you using Proclaim on (Mac or PC)? I would like to test this out myself and this information would be very helpful.

Posts 50
Rev James Dinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 4 2014 7:12 PM

Yes, I am still having issues...original is created using Windows 8....everything shows that it is uploaded correctly. Using another computer - Windows 8 to go on air...slides are randomly blank.   This reproduces on my iPad and iPhone as well...blank slides throughout presentation.

Posts 50
Rev James Dinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 5 2014 4:27 PM

Hello Spencer - I am aware of the "local" option.  No, they were not selected to be "local" but rather to be used as the others that were in the presentation - available to all. 

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 5 2014 4:29 PM

Hello James,

Sorry about that, it was a misconception on my part. I am looking into your issue right now.

Posts 50
Rev James Dinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 5 2014 4:36 PM

Not a problem - I did not take offense to your question - I understand that you need to approach this thing from a technical/logical point of view...Thanks for being willing to look into this.

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 5 2014 4:57 PM

Hey James,

So I just tried a few things and wanted to make sure you were going through the correct steps. Lets say I try to upload a background and it fails; i get the following error at the bottom of the message:

Now at this point, I can either hit retry or cancel. If I hit cancel, however, the upload fails and this piece of media will never be uploaded to the group and it will not be available on other computers. If you want the pending upload to go through, you cannot hit cancel or else it cancels the pending upload job.

Now my next question is this: When you hit retry, does the content upload for you? Or does it fail to upload every time?

Posts 50
Rev James Dinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 5 2014 5:03 PM

Good Question...I did see this during my first attempt to upload my presentations...I clicked on "RETRY" on all of them but they just didn't appear to take...So I shut down the program and recreated the presentation (x2) (1) for the Sermon and (1) for our announcements...When I restarted the program, and re-created, everything appeared to "take" as I didn't receive any warnings or errors...

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 5 2014 5:13 PM

Okay thanks for the input. So I am doing some testing on my own and I am having a bit of trouble uploading images when I simulate slow internet speeds; Once I have more info I will let you know. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 5 2014 5:23 PM

Hey There,

So here's my final update. As long as you do not hit cancel when that error message pops up, then it will stay there and you will be able to try at any point; the error message will not go away on it's own, so you must either retry until it succeeds or hit cancel. The best thing for you to do now is to not cancel out of those messages and make sure you try uploads when you have a reliable internet connection.

Posts 50
Rev James Dinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 5 2014 5:47 PM

Spencer...For clarification...I restarted Proclaim...and started "fresh" with the presentations...It wasn't that I just "X'd" out of the notices...I actually restarted from Scratch.  And everything uploaded...I watched...And tested afterwards...When I went to church - our tech team was the group that noticed that the slides were missing "not rendering"...

Posts 50
Rev James Dinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 7 2014 6:15 PM

So...it did it again...new presentation for this evening's service - and Proclaim dropped the opening slide...Shows fine on my computer - uploaded with no errors...won't show the slide during "show time" - Have you been able to make any headway on this?  I have left the presentation up for your testing...Thanks, Jim

Posts 50
Rev James Dinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 8 2014 8:57 AM

Dear Proclaim...Have we made any headway on this?  I hesitate to use Proclaim for tomorrow's service due to these issues...Is it a "known" issue?  Is there a workaround?  Have we been able to replicate this?  Please let me know as "Sunday is a coming..." LOL.

Posts 50
Rev James Dinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 8 2014 8:58 AM

Spencer...I need some input here...

Posts 50
Rev James Dinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 8 2014 8:59 AM

Scott, do you have any further information for me?

Posts 194
Allen Petersen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 8 2014 8:31 PM

I have followed up via email.

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS