Hebrew Passage List?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 47
kyle lammott | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 6 2014 5:40 PM

Is there any reason why I cannot create a passage list of bible verses in Hebrew?  

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 6 2014 5:49 PM

Kyle Lammott:

Is there any reason why I cannot create a passage list of bible verses in Hebrew?  

None whatsoever.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 6 2014 6:02 PM

Works for me. Are you having problems?

Posts 47
kyle lammott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 7 2014 4:21 AM

Every time I try and copy a passage into a passage list it either crashes or the list look like this...

Posts 47
kyle lammott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 7 2014 4:22 AM

DOn't know what happened above, but every time I try and copy a Hebrew text to a passage list it either crashes on me or shows up like the above screen shot. 

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 7 2014 5:27 AM

I'm not sure what your problem might be.  It doesn't appear that you even have the same form open since it doesn't have the resource from which you are choosing the passage nor a box for entering the passage.   Are you sure you're using the "Documents/Passage List" ?

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 7 2014 7:03 AM

Kyle Lammott:
DOn't know what happened above

After attaching a screenshot, you need to type Enter/Return twice to get below the picture for the next line of text.

Kyle Lammott:
every time I try and copy a Hebrew text to a passage list it either crashes on me or shows up like the above screen shot. 

Would personally delete those faulty lists and start over with a fresh one. How are you creating the Passage List?

This should be your initial display if opened in a floating window—If you are using Windows, the top bar will have a difference appearance.

Posts 9181
LogosEmployee

I'm going to guess that you're making a selection, right-clicking it, and (with "Selection" highlighted on the context menu), clicking "Save as Passage List". This is a bug in 5.2 that's fixed in 5.2a.

To create a Passage List from the selected verses, make sure the Reference is selected on the context menu in the resource before clicking Save as/Add to Passage List.

Alternatively, just enter verse references into the "Reference" textbox at the top of the passage list document.

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 7 2014 10:45 AM

Bradley Grainger (Logos):
I'm going to guess that you're making a selection, right-clicking it, and (with "Selection" highlighted on the context menu), clicking "Save as Passage List". This is a bug in 5.2 that's fixed in 5.2a.

Thanks for that explanation. I created the original passage list from a selection, but I am using 5.2a Beta 3. That explains why mine worked and Kyle's did not.

Posts 47
kyle lammott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 7 2014 12:46 PM

Thanks Bradley, That is exactly what i was doing.  I was able to create one successfully by doing it through the Passage List option.  

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS