Moody Bible Commentary coming to Logos via Vyrso

Page 3 of 3 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 55 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 10672
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 19 2014 3:28 AM

Lee Garrison:
How is this done, do we have a guide for the way this is done or what we can do?

Try this link to the Logos Wiki Personal Books 

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 19 2014 3:41 AM

Lee Garrison:

Ok as far as making any resource better by tagging a PB.

How is this done, do we have a guide for the way this is done or what we can do?

I am not only talking about the Vyrso version only but also general books we want to add as a PB.

Thanks

Lee, I believe the only option you'd have here is to export the commentary in RTF (in several chunks due to the restrictions on how many pages you can export at a time) and combine all those chunks of RTF in a single Word .docx file, and follow the tagging instructions in the link Jack posted above.  This is likely to be a huge project to do the whole volume - and do satisfy yourself of copyright, etc. laws local to where you live! Smile

Posts 1083
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 19 2014 11:59 AM

Thanks Jack & Paul-C

I did look at the wiki and watched videos, I had not used notes before. I have started adding some to the resource and it is ok with that.

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 2363
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 19 2014 1:24 PM

I just pre-ordered this and am very hopeful Logos will be able to get it as well. I was going to order it in print, but I have so many physical issues with bound books; that makes my study via Logos so precious to me.  

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 9165
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 19 2014 5:38 PM

mab:
but I have so many physical issues with bound books

I'm assuming that one of them is the lack of space. Are there others?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 6890
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 19 2014 6:49 PM

Question: I had a "Moody Bible Commentary OT and NT" in Spanish (a translation from English obviously) and the OT was edited by Charles F. Pfeiffer and the NT by Everette F. Harrison.  Is this "New" Moody Bible Commentary like the newer edition of these old works or is it a brand new commentary all together?

Thanks!

DAL

Edit: Hmmm...when I type key words to look for the English version of the commentary I'm telling you about it pulls out Wycliff OT and NT instead of Moody OT and NT.  I guess they translated the Wycliff English version by Pfeiffer and Harrison and renamed it "Moody" in Spanish for some unknown reason.

Posts 5270
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 19 2014 8:01 PM

DAL:
Edit: Hmmm...when I type key words to look for the English version of the commentary I'm telling you about it pulls out Wycliff OT and NT instead of Moody OT and NT.  I guess they translated the Wycliff English version by Pfeiffer and Harrison and renamed it "Moody" in Spanish for some unknown reason.

Well since Wycliff is a famous early translator of the Bible into English, keeping the name would have much less meaning. It is interesting that 50 y.o. English works are being translated to Spanish rather than more modern works (I recently notice the Original Beacon Bible Commentary was translated to spanish too).

-Dan

Posts 165
Wayne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 19 2014 9:38 PM

This commentary was translated in 1965 As the Comentario Biblico Moody. This is the date for the New Testament and the Old Testament was likely a couple of years later. 

Posts 482
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 19 2016 10:25 AM

I see this resource is now on PrePub.   Glad I got in in vyrso as its almost double in price now.

Posts 884
P A | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 19 2016 10:57 AM

Hi Travis

I am sure that I read somewhere if you own  a Vyrso book and Faithlife later to decide to publish it as a proper fully functioning Logos book, you will get the upgrade for free!

Can someone from Faithlife confirm this?

P A 

Posts 482
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 19 2016 11:01 AM

Its greyed out for me, so I will get it upgraded..

I'm just shocked that it went from $20 on Prepub on vyrso to almost $40 on prepub on logos for the "value added" magic.  Seems like price gouging to me.

Posts 28129
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 19 2016 1:05 PM

Travis Walter:
Seems like price gouging to me.

FYI - FL makes very little on Vyrso editions... and they do very little to them. They are auto-converted. Logos editions require real people spending many, many hours... furthermore, there is some level of expectation that FL will continue to update the resource as appropriate. The software and updates (including mobile apps) are free... Storing your user data online is free... Where is FL to make money to stay in business if not by the sale of Logos edition resources? 

The list price for the hard cover is $49.99, so this is under that. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 612
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 19 2016 9:01 PM

Does the  logos edition have bible milestones?

Posts 2363
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 19 2016 9:47 PM

P A:

I am sure that I read somewhere if you own  a Vyrso book and Faithlife later to decide to publish it as a proper fully functioning Logos book, you will get the upgrade for free!

I have it in Vyrso and it's greyed out in pre-pub for me. Geeked

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 28129
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 20 2016 4:31 AM

John Brumett:

It is in pre-pub.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2719
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 20 2016 11:54 AM

John Brumett:

Yes it will have when it is published and leaves Pre-Pub

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Page 3 of 3 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS