Is it possible to have the GNT4 apparatus in a separate window?

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 35
Rich L | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 17 2014 1:34 PM

I have the GNT 4th (Logos Edition) with apparatus and the only way I can figure out how to open the apparatus in another window vice having to mouse over everything?

Posts 24350
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 17 2014 1:48 PM

A screenshot of your layout would help, because it is possible to open any book in another "window" (e.g. a floating window) via the right click menu. But I don't understand what is unique or difficult about the GNT 4th Apparatus.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 35
Rich L | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 17 2014 3:05 PM

I'm sorry I wasn't more clear.  I know how to open up the resource in another tab or a floating window but the GNT4 with apparatus has:

1.  The Greek Text of the UBS4

2.  The apparatus.

When I open up the resource, I can only see the Greek text with superscripts and other markers that I can mouse over.  The mouse over information is the apparatus and shows me things that would be in the footnotes if I owned the printed volume.

Another way of asking is whether I could display the resource's footnotes on the bottom of the page so I don't have to mouse over everything.

Posts 35
Rich L | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 17 2014 3:10 PM

Well, I figured out that I can see the apparatus if I go into the Reading View at the bottom of the page but not while in a reading pane.

Posts 24350
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 17 2014 3:16 PM

Rich Leino:
Another way of asking is whether I could display the resource's footnotes on the bottom of the page so I don't have to mouse over everything.

Try this:-

• open the panel/tab menu
  • select Show footnotes on page
  • select 1 or more Columns, OR
  • go to Reading View (F11).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 35
Rich L | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 17 2014 3:20 PM

Unfortunately the footnotes don't show unless I'm in Reading view even when I choose to display footnotes on page.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 17 2014 4:03 PM

Rich Leino:

UBS 4 resource is open in two tabs with reading view showing one column in leftmost tab with footnotes on page.

By the way, Logos has an article about NA27 vs. UBS4 => https://www.logos.com/support/lbs/na-v-ubs

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 35
Rich L | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 19 2014 8:45 AM

How did you open up a reading view in a column?  When I click on reading view it fills up the screen and I lose all the other columns until I hit Esc.

Posts 24350
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 19 2014 12:11 PM

Rich Leino:

How did you open up a reading view in a column?  When I click on reading view it fills up the screen and I lose all the other columns until I hit Esc.

Don't go into Reading View, just select 1 column as per my previous response.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 19 2014 8:51 PM

Rich Leino:
How did you open up a reading view in a column?

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 35
Rich L | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 21 2014 2:09 PM

Excellent!  Thanks so much.

Posts 341
Stephen Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 22 2014 1:13 AM

Dave's suggestion works for all (?) resources.

Particularly good for the NETBible.

Stephen Miller

Sydney, Australia

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS