Cannot Export Reading Plan to iCal

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 6
Bret Dorsett | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 18 2014 7:38 PM

Hello,

I am trying to export my reading plan calendar to iCal and it won't work.  I can click the "export to iCal button and the reminder stuff comes up but the calendar area is grayed out and I cannot select a calendar to export to.  Any ideas?

Posts 28581
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 18 2014 9:01 PM

I'm sorry, but I don't have an answer for you. I've never used this feature and don't want to mess up my calendar experimenting. Tongue Tied

It might be helpful to know:

1. What version of Logos are you using?
  2. What version of OSX?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 6
Bret Dorsett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 19 2014 7:06 PM

OSX Version 10.9.1 Mavericks

Logos Bible Software 4.6c SR-6 (4.63.0.0400)

Posts 3176
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 20 2014 10:42 AM

Bret Dorsett:

Hello,

I am trying to export my reading plan calendar to iCal and it won't work.  I can click the "export to iCal button and the reminder stuff comes up but the calendar area is grayed out and I cannot select a calendar to export to.  Any ideas?

Under system preferences go to Security & Privacy, click the Privacy tab and under Calendars make sure Logos is checked. 

Posts 6
Bret Dorsett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 20 2014 12:31 PM

I did that and the calendars showed up to export.  I tried to export to a calendar 3 X and it crashed LOGOS each time.

Posts 3176
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 20 2014 4:19 PM

Can you capture a log of the behavior and post them to the forums? There is a link below with instructions.

https://www.logos.com/support/logos5/mac/problem

Posts 6
Bret Dorsett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 20 2014 4:43 PM

4643.Logos4Logs.BDorsett.20140220-174102.zipHere is the log file for my issue.  Thank you for the instructions.

Posts 3176
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 21 2014 8:58 AM

Bret,

Can you install the newest version of the software (Logos 5)? You can install the engine for free. You'll be missing new tools and databases (along with new books that come in newer base packages), but the engine will work just fine. I'd like to see if updating the engine would help with this. You can get that from www.logos.com/install. If the crash recurs, please post a new set of logs. 

Posts 1
Ptr. Jonathan F. Ernacio | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 6 2020 5:01 PM

Can’t export bible reading program to icalendar... how?

Posts 3176
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 5 2020 4:06 PM

You probably need to give Logos permissions in macOS' Security and Privacy settings section for Calendars. https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/change-privacy-preferences-on-mac-mh32356/mac 

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS