Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 14
Stephany Jiminez | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 23 2014 6:56 AM

When I am trying to Import a Powerpoint, it is giving me an error on the screen and will not allow me to upload.  I have had this problem for 4 weeks now.  Is there a way someone can contact me to walk me through?  I have been having to open Powerpoint and run separately on my desktop.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 23 2014 9:46 AM

Are you on Mac or Windows? When is the error message shown and what does it say? Posting logs from a session which reproduces the issue will help us diagnose. Log file locations dependent on platform below

Mac:

• /Users/[username]/(~Library)/Application Support/Proclaim/Logging/ 
  • The Library folder might be hidden. If so, hit CMD+Shift+G and enter "~/library" into the box.

Windows: 

• XP    -  %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Proclaim Log Files\
  • Vista/Win7   -   %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Proclaim Log Files\

If you would rather talk to someone in person you can contact customer service at 800-875-6467

Posts 370
Josh Edwards | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 24 2014 4:44 AM

Stephany,

Many users (myself included) have found that it's much better to export the slides from PowerPoint and import them into Proclaim as an image slideshow.  This way you preserve the formatting (fonts, sizes, etc.) from PPT.  You do, however, lose transitions and build animations, but that is the tradeoff that must be made, unfortunately.

Posts 14
Stephany Jiminez | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 28 2014 3:12 PM
I am using a Windows OS. The error message was showing up after I go up top and click "Add Item" i then "Import Power point" and i add the power point that i have on a jump drive. I was then sharing to the whole group and didn't realize i was doing that. This past Sunday, I was able to "Import Power Point" with no problem, i unselected the add to group choice.
Posts 14
Stephany Jiminez | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 28 2014 3:13 PM

The background is just black and some of the text has changes in colors.  How do i export the slides from Power Point?  I know how to import them just not export.  Help?

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 28 2014 3:26 PM

Stephany Jiminez:
How do i export the slides from Power Point?  I know how to import them just not export.

Here is an article that tells you how to do this:

http://www.clarku.edu/offices/its/kb/software/powerpoint/Export_PPT_as_JPEG.pdf

Posts 1
CrossPoint Students | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 5 2014 12:39 PM

Hey Scott, We have been having similar problems as well importing powerpoint files onto our Mac platform. 6708.ProclaimError.log inserted is our log file, I'm not sure if this is where you want it or if you would prefer it sent some where else. Thanks.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 5 2014 5:35 PM

Kevin:

Hey Scott, We have been having similar problems as well importing powerpoint files onto our Mac platform. 6708.ProclaimError.log inserted is our log file, I'm not sure if this is where you want it or if you would prefer it sent some where else. Thanks.

There are some known issues on Mac documented here http://community.logos.com/forums/t/76959.aspx Does this apply to you?

Posts 31
John Dobbs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 10 2014 10:17 AM

So am I understanding correctly that if we are using a mac, we are unable to import power point? I know I am unable to. I find this an unacceptable situation! I don't want to export to slides ... taking extra steps when time is short. If I misunderstand please let me know!

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 10 2014 11:02 AM

Hello John,

It is a known issue that you cannot upload .ppt files right now and I have published a bug report for this issue. However since we use a third part software to import powerpoints, we cannot fix certain bugs since it is dependent on their software.

Posts 3
Kevin Little | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 2 2014 1:45 PM

I am using a mac and I just tried to import ppt slides as an image file and that option is not there am I am missing something?

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 2 2014 1:53 PM

It is still an option at the bottom of the 'add items' menu and should like like this:

Posts 3
Kevin Little | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 3 2014 6:36 AM

The import option is there but it doesn't allow me to import as image or save as ppt. It automatically loads the ppt and then changes my fonts and everything. We just upgraded to a mac and this is the first time to import ppt. I am having to load each image individually. Not fun!

Posts 169
Michael Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 3 2014 9:34 AM

Save your PowerPoint or KeyNote slides as JPEG.  Either program includes a "Save As" option which permits you to save each slide in the presentation as a separate JPEG image. the program will ask you to select a location and file name. It then creates a new directory using the file name provided and stores each individual slide as a separate JPEG image. It just names them "Slide 1" thru "Slide ##". Then you can import the JPEGS into Proclaim presentation using the import "Image Slideshow" option. It allows you to select the complete collection of slides and import them all at once. Then your sermon slides are ready to go and look exactly as they did when you created them (typo's and all!).

The downside; you will have to manually add signals for your scripture references. I do this for every service and it works great.

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 3 2014 10:06 AM

The suggestion Michael gave is a good workaround for importing powerpoint presentations on a Mac. Although it is functional, there are known issues with the third party software we use to import powerpoints when using a Mac and those are explained here: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/76959.aspx

This is a little out of date so I will update it shortly but it gives you an idea of the issues.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS