Observe Lent in a New Way

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 407
Ray from Faithlife | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 26 2014 11:08 AM

Observe Lent this year with 40 Days to the Cross: Reflections from Great Thinkers—a devotional prepared by Lexham Press editorial team.

Wanted to give you a heads up about this product while it's still in pre pub. The Lexham Press editorial team has compiled a devotional for the Lent season from the works of great theologians like Augustine of Hippo, Bernard of Clairvaux, John Newton, Charles Spurgeon, D. L. Moody, and others. 

It's scheduled to ship on March 3rd, but if you pre-order today you can save 25%

RD3

Logos Marketing | ray.deck@logos.com

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 26 2014 12:15 PM

Wow, Ray!                   Thanks for the "heads up"!!!            I have Lenten Devotions "coming out my ears" .......     overflowing over my desk  ...

filling my study .........           I don't NEED any more Lenten Devotions, eh?!?!

However!             I ordered this one because of the great work in the past done by those two women who are heading up this one, particularly Rebecca and the "great work" she does with John Barry in "Connect the Testaments"           ......    which has become a "daily" for me ...               Peace to all!

and...    I look forward to one more "round" of Lenten Devotions ...                            *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 3622
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 26 2014 1:01 PM

I would purchase it without hesitating, but I am not sure if I want to chance it not actually being ready by Lent. It would be a waste of time for that to happen. I don't want to be rude about it, it's just that in the past there have been a "few" books that have been scheduled for release on a specific date, and this is one of them, that were postponed.

If it is released on March 3 or even the 4, I'll buy it, if not, well then....

mm.

mm.

Posts 92
Daniel M | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 4 2014 2:58 AM

Hi, I bought the 40 Days to the Cross and it looks really good. The only question I have is whether it would be possible to either include an automatic reading plan (that shows up as such) or to include page numbers in the book. I tried to make a reading plan for it, but because the devotional doesn't have page numbers it's impossible to get it rightly fitted per day. A bit of a pity to not be able to use that very useful feature in Logos for a devotional.

Anyway, thanks for the devotional!Daniel

Posts 407
Ray from Faithlife | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 4 2014 6:17 AM

Milkman:
If it is released on March 3 or even the 4, I'll buy it

Have you looked today? Wink

It shipped right on time yesterday afternoon.

RD3

Posts 407
Ray from Faithlife | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 4 2014 6:36 AM

Daniel M:
The only question I have is whether it would be possible to either include an automatic reading plan

I agree. This would be much easier, and an automatic reading plan seems like a natural next step. It may already be in the works. I'll investigate.

In the meantime, it was pretty easy for me to build a reading plan for it that lined up the passages to the right days.

Read: 40 Days to the Cross

each: M/Tu/W/Th/F/Sa

starting: tomorrow

finishing in: 40 sessions.

RD3

Posts 92
Daniel M | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 4 2014 6:43 AM

Hi Ray, thanks for your reply and for investigating. I made a reading plan with the same settings, it looks allright in the list, but when you check the sections it actually doesn't match the day readings. For example in the first reading, it says"stop reading" right after the heading for Ash Wednesday and that's only one example.

Thanks again for investigating!

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 5 2014 7:08 AM

Yes, this reading plan does not work - it does not line up to the correct days. Has anyone figured out a reading plan that works with this book?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS