New Proclaim - pptx import works, but sync to other computer gets blank powerpoint pages

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 20
David Andrew Campbell | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 1 2014 1:28 PM

Hi,

I am consistently seeing this behaviour:

Two computers both running new Proclaim.

On computer A import pptx with default settings, which converts to images, and which makes it able to synchronise with another computer.

On computer B synchronise and everything comes across except the powerpoint pages come across as all blank pages (white).

I then deleted the powerpoint on computer A, and re-imported it,sychronised, and then synchronised on computer B, and had the same behaviour.

I then deleted the powerpoint on computer B and re-imported it, and it then looked ok on computer B.  I then synchronized on computer B, and then synchronized on computer A, and computer A had the powerpoint with all blank pages.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 1 2014 1:56 PM

I'm testing this and things are behaving as expected for me. One potential gotcha that you may be seeing in your test is you need to wait for the upload job to complete successfully AND once it completes another sync must occur. This can be forced by clicking the sync icon in the upper right of the main window. Does this help?

Posts 20
David Andrew Campbell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 2 2014 12:21 AM

Scott,

OK I can see that the computer on which the powerpoint is imported seems to synchronise very quickly [unusually quickly for the number of images it has to upload] and reports "All items up to date", it would seem even though the images are not fully uploaded.

I couldn't see anything to indicate that an upload is in progress.

I can confirm that if I sychronise again on the other computer after waiting some minutes, yes the powerpoint images come across properly.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 2 2014 1:02 AM

David Andrew Campbell:
I couldn't see anything to indicate that an upload is in progress.

When you import a ppt presentation do you not see the file upload status as shown circled in the image above? Are you on Mac or Windows?

Posts 20
David Andrew Campbell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 2 2014 12:24 PM

OK I can see that now.  I just thought that given that the synchronisation activity in the top right corner was finished, that everything was done.

In my view, a secondary upload notification down the bottom left when the synchronisation activity and notification is in the top right is a bit counter-intuitive.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS