NOW AVAILABLE: Reformed Base Packages!

Page 2 of 6 (103 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 102 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 2:36 PM

For the promotional period (until May 12, I believe), everyone can use the coupon code, both new and upgrades.

Product Department Manager
Faithlife

Posts 737
Evan Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 2:40 PM

Todd Phillips:

I'll re-ask my question here.  I think it got lost in the other thread:

Why does the Exegetical Summaries Series only contain 24 volumes in the Reformed packages, when there are currently 27 volumes available?  Is this an error?

I thought the Reformed packages were lacking because they didn't have a costly commentary set,but I see Exegetical Summaries is to the Reformed what the NAC is to the Base packages. 

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 2:49 PM

Todd Phillips:

Why does the Exegetical Summaries Series only contain 24 volumes in the Reformed packages, when there are currently 27 volumes available?  Is this an error?

The additional volumes should be rolling out now.

Faithlife

Posts 646
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 3:02 PM

Has the same thing happened to the Preaching the Word series?

When I go to the product page it seems like I still have $81.88 worth of commentaries still to get (with dynamic pricing).

When I search "preaching the word" in my library I only get 24 results when it should be 30.

Posts 71
Christian Locatell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 3:48 PM

Stephen Steele:

Has the same thing happened to the Preaching the Word series?

When I go to the product page it seems like I still have $81.88 worth of commentaries still to get (with dynamic pricing).

When I search "preaching the word" in my library I only get 24 results when it should be 30.

This is being taken care of. Part of the reason for the discrepency in resource count and volume count is because 4 of the volumes are only 2 resources: Mark and Hebrews. The following should appear shortly for a volume count of 30 and a "resource" count of 28.

Deuteronomy: Loving Obedience to a Loving God

Proverbs: Wisdom that Works

1 & 2 Thessalonians: The Hope of Salvation,

Revelation: The Spirit Speaks to the Churches

Posts 7260
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 5:34 PM

Ok, I own the regular L5 Platinum Base Package and an upgrade to the new reformed Platinum Base Package with 15% off (and "dynamic pricing") gives me a total of a little bit over $800 bucks.  Is that normal? It seems a little bit pricey for an upgrade.

Another question: Does this mean the other base packages will be discontinued or is this more like the "Verbum Base Packages" a total different line of products that does not affect the usual ones (meaning, they won't discontinue the older L5 packages)?

Thanks for any information!

DAL

Posts 704
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 5:45 PM

DAL:
Ok, I own the regular L5 Platinum Base Package and an upgrade to the new reformed Platinum Base Package with 15% off (and "dynamic pricing") gives me a total of a little bit over $800 bucks.  Is that normal? It seems a little bit pricey for an upgrade.
Hey DAL,

This thread might give you an answer to your first question. http://community.logos.com/forums/p/82252/575730.aspx#575730 

I think it's a different line of base packages and the others won't be stopped. Good packages imho.

Cheers,
 ChelseaFC

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Posts 7260
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 5:51 PM

Evan Boardman:

Todd Phillips:

I thought the Reformed packages were lacking because they didn't have a costly commentary set,but I see Exegetical Summaries is to the Reformed what the NAC is to the Base packages. 

When I click on the Exegetical Summaries 27 volumes it says they come included in the new Silver and up reformed packages; but when you go to the actual base package it says 24 volumes.  Which is it? I hope the 27 volumes are included ;-)

Posts 71
Christian Locatell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 6:10 PM

DAL:

Evan Boardman:

Todd Phillips:

When I click on the Exegetical Summaries 27 volumes it says they come included in the new Silver and up reformed packages; but when you go to the actual base package it says 24 volumes.  Which is it? I hope the 27 volumes are included ;-)

This should be resolved soon for you if it hasn't already.

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 6:26 PM

These are a new and additional track of base packages for Logos v.5, and are not to be seen as a replacement for the standard Logos v.5 track. Those will not go away. We are simply branching out to add base package tracks for specific audiences and areas of interest. Stay tuned. Smile

Faithlife

Posts 7260
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 6:44 PM

Gabe Martini:

These are a new and additional track of base packages for Logos v.5, and are not to be seen as a replacement for the standard Logos v.5 track. Those will not go away. We are simply branching out to add base package tracks for specific audiences and areas of interest. Stay tuned. Smile

So the $800 plus price tag to upgrade to Reformed Platinum is the actual price to upgrade, then.  I think I'll hold off on that and maybe just do Reformed Gold when finances allow.  I do have plenty to study as it is, so Reformed upgrade can wait. Smile

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 7:06 PM

DAL:

So the $800 plus price tag to upgrade to Reformed Platinum is the actual price to upgrade, then.  I think I'll hold off on that and maybe just do Reformed Gold when finances allow.  I do have plenty to study as it is, so Reformed upgrade can wait. Smile

I'd have to see your specific resources to know if that's the number you should be seeing, but there is definitely a significant difference between Reformed Gold/Platinum and the primary Logos base packages when it comes to the included resources.

Faithlife

Posts 2443
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 9:31 PM

I'm still mulling this one over, but the value is definitely there regardless of which theological camp of Protestantism floats your boat.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 646
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 14 2014 4:00 AM

DAL:

I got a similar total. Did you have many of the other resources? As well as Platinum I had PRRD, Bavinck, 24 vol works of Owen and the Megabundle from last Christmas (with quite a few Puritan sets and quite a few other resources that are included in this).

It's still a good deal but would have expected it to have been a bit less with dynamic pricing.

Posts 7260
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 14 2014 4:21 AM

Stephen I have platinum plus Nelsons reference bundle but I don't have any of the extra resources you mentioned

Posts 13398
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 14 2014 8:49 AM

Stephen Steele:

DAL:

Ok, I own the regular L5 Platinum Base Package and an upgrade to the new reformed Platinum Base Package with 15% off (and "dynamic pricing") gives me a total of a little bit over $800 bucks. Is that normal? It seems a little bit pricey for an upgrade.

I got a similar total. Did you have many of the other resources? As well as Platinum I had PRRD, Bavinck, 24 vol works of Owen and the Megabundle from last Christmas (with quite a few Puritan sets and quite a few other resources that are included in this).

It's still a good deal but would have expected it to have been a bit less with dynamic pricing.

With the 15% discount, Reformed Platinum costs $1,827, so you're getting a 55% discount if you're being quoted $800. Reformed Platinum's got an awful lot that normal Platinum hasn't. These are just the highlights, there are many more:

Posts 3942
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 14 2014 9:16 AM

Maybe they should make an "Academic" base package centering on Original language tools, and journals? :)

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 646
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 14 2014 12:11 PM

Mark Barnes:

Stephen Steele:

DAL:

Ok, I own the regular L5 Platinum Base Package and an upgrade to the new reformed Platinum Base Package with 15% off (and "dynamic pricing") gives me a total of a little bit over $800 bucks. Is that normal? It seems a little bit pricey for an upgrade.

With the 15% discount, Reformed Platinum costs $1,827, so you're getting a 55% discount if you're being quoted $800. Reformed Platinum's got an awful lot that normal Platinum hasn't. These are just the highlights, there are many more:

Yeah I still thought it was worth buying. Just thought it was a pity that having Owen ($399.95), Muller ($159.95) and Bavinck ($149.95) & more (all of which I'd bought in the last 6 months or so) , didn't appear to affect dynamic pricing (based on DAL's comment) at all!

Posts 602
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 14 2014 6:54 PM

Stephen Steele:

DAL:

Dynamic pricing got Reformed Platinum to $717. I had Platinum and Warfield, Edwards, Dabney, Boston, Breckinridge, and some odds and ends already. With the 15% off, the price was $609. Then, I canceled my Geerhardus Vos and Charles Hodge prepubs ($279), which effectively knocked the price for me down to $330, while picking up those. I also picked up Muller, Owen, Knox, A.A. Hodge, Bavinck, Kuyper, Shedd, Goodwin, Berkhof, Rutherford, Zwingli, Sibbes, Boettner and more. Definitely a great deal for me.

Posts 9238
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 16 2014 4:45 PM

Does anyone know what has changed in the package since last week?

Here is my dynamic pricing for Reformed Platinum on March 13

And this is my dynamic pricing today...

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 2 of 6 (103 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS