NOW AVAILABLE: Reformed Base Packages!

Page 4 of 6 (103 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
This post has 102 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 71
Christian Locatell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 21 2014 5:14 PM

Yeah, we are aware of the issue and are working on it. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you have already purchased a Reformed BP and see any cost show up on the product page, just disregard. You will not be charged for any resources added to a base package you've already purchased. 

Posts 2081
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 21 2014 5:24 PM

Christian Locatell:

Yeah, we are aware of the issue and are working on it. ... You will not be charged for any resources added to a base package you've already purchased. 

If you don't mind and if at all possible, can you let us know of any added resources so we can more easily update our unofficial comparison chart.

Posts 4
mmaglaya | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 24 2014 2:55 PM

How are you guys getting yours for $1.93?? 

Posts 71
Christian Locatell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 24 2014 3:08 PM

Randy W. Sims:

Christian Locatell:

Yeah, we are aware of the issue and are working on it. ... You will not be charged for any resources added to a base package you've already purchased. 

If you don't mind and if at all possible, can you let us know of any added resources so we can more easily update our unofficial comparison chart.

Definitely, I will let you know very soon. I know what it's like to have separation anxiety form your books!

Posts 9229
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 24 2014 3:42 PM

mmaglaya:

How are you guys getting yours for $1.93?? 

I think perhaps you are misunderstanding us. We didn't pay this amount. We made the purchase and it still says that could spend $1.93. It is a computer error.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 24 2014 9:38 PM

Christian Locatell:
If you have already purchased a Reformed BP and see any cost show up on the product page, just disregard. You will not be charged for any resources added to a base package you've already purchased. 

What if I already "upgraded" the $1.93?  Embarrassed

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 20
Kliniac | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 25 2014 2:22 PM

Super.Tramp:

Christian Locatell:
If you have already purchased a Reformed BP and see any cost show up on the product page, just disregard. You will not be charged for any resources added to a base package you've already purchased. 

What if I already "upgraded" the $1.93?  Embarrassed

Please call customer (800-875-6467) service for a refund. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 25 2014 7:34 PM

Bruce Dunning:

My is also showing $1.93

The "Add to Cart" button has changed color along with price change:

Also noticed no expiration date on web page.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 9229
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 25 2014 8:08 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
The "Add to Cart" button has changed color along with price change:

Good to see it fixed.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 709
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 27 2014 11:04 AM

Christian Locatell:

Jonathan Sine:

Gabe Martini:
My understanding is that the comparison charts, when launched, will display "New to Me" as well as "New to Reformed Base Packages."

When can we expect to see this?

I'm pushing to get them up as soon as I can. For now, the best solution is to just call and we will immediately email you the list of everything new to your library. Call-outs are being added to the pages for this.

Any update on when the "new to me" feature will be available for the new Reformed Base packages?

Posts 71
Christian Locatell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 27 2014 12:25 PM

We are planning on rolling out a dynamic comparison chart for these, which will take a little longer, but be better in the long run. Coming soon. Thanks for your patience!

Posts 406
Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 29 2014 5:45 PM

I'm very happy about this!  I was able to pick up Reformed Silver to add to my Logos 5 Platinum/Biblical Languages package for the same price as a few of my pre-orders and the upgrade to the Exegetical Summaries.  For approximately $160, I received quite a few additional resources (80+).

While I was at it I decided to finally upgrade some of my Pradis resources like the NIVAC and the Zondervan Languages package, but that's for a different discussion. Smile

Posts 481
elnwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 29 2014 6:02 PM

Richard DeRuiter:

• Classic Commentary Series duplicates the some of the content of other commentaries I already have (e.g. Calvin's Commentaries) - while I know these are actually not the same actual resources, they are identical content (or am I mistaken).
    • No Reformed missiology. Really?

The Classic Commentary Series updates for modern language. While this does not seem like a big deal, try to read John Owen's work on Hebrew straight through, and you'll appreciate the updated language! That may not make it worth the upgrade, but I think it does have value.

Yes, really, (almost) no Reformed missiology. (They do have Berkhof's Paul the Missionary). There's just not a lot of Reformed missiology out there. What did you have in mind? I can think of Roger Greenway, Harvie Conn, John Nevius, and J. H. Bavinck, but their major works are not in Logos.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 29 2014 7:45 PM

elnwood:
Yes, really, (almost) no Reformed missiology. (They do have Berkhof's Paul the Missionary). There's just not a lot of Reformed missiology out there. What did you have in mind? I can think of Roger Greenway, Harvie Conn, John Nevius, and J. H. Bavinck, but their major works are not in Logos.

Yes, I know there's a lot of good Reformed stuff not in Logos. What we have is mostly what fits somewhere in the Systematic Theology loci and commentaries. I have a shelf of missiology, some of it Reformed. What you mention is good, but there's more. A quick search with Google or at Amazon displays dozens of titles.

Reformed theology has a breadth far beyond what Logos offers anywhere, in missiology, stewardship, ethics, education, ecology, science, social justice, and beyond. The Abraham Kuyper collection opens a door here, but there's been so much done since then by Reformed theologians and philosophers.

I would have been more excited by something that treated the full breadth of Reformed thinking, rather than something that focused on the more classic historic Reformed works, as important as they are. Different strokes... I guess.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 481
elnwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 31 2014 1:18 PM

Richard DeRuiter:

elnwood:

Yes, I know there's a lot of good Reformed stuff not in Logos. What we have is mostly what fits somewhere in the Systematic Theology loci and commentaries. I have a shelf of missiology, some of it Reformed. What you mention is good, but there's more. A quick search with Google or at Amazon displays dozens of titles.

A quick search with Google or at Amazon for "reformed missiology" doesn't give me much of anything.

One forum post I found asking about Reformed Missiology went completely unanswered.
http://www.puritanboard.com/f24/reformed-missiology-38819/

Again, I'm curious, what did you have in mind?

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 31 2014 4:02 PM

elnwood:
I can think of Roger Greenway, Harvie Conn, John Nevius, and J. H. Bavinck, but their major works are not in Logos.

elnwood:

A quick search with Google or at Amazon for "reformed missiology" doesn't give me much of anything.

The sources you mentioned are some obvious ones. Add to those J. Verkuyl. I know there are others, but I'm a bit strapped for time today. You're also right about the sparse reports via google or Amazon search. I glanced at them earlier, but didn't do much digging. I'll have to do so later.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 1 2014 11:25 AM

Richard DeRuiter:

elnwood:
I can think of Roger Greenway, Harvie Conn, John Nevius, and J. H. Bavinck, but their major works are not in Logos.

elnwood:

The sources you mentioned are some obvious ones. Add to those J. Verkuyl. I know there are others, but I'm a bit strapped for time today. You're also right about the sparse reports via google or Amazon search. I glanced at them earlier, but didn't do much digging. I'll have to do so later.

Okay. I compiled a partial list (I know I've read some that aren't in this list, but I don't remember them now--it's been a while). I did not investigate all these titles in Amazon. As far as I know none of them are available in Logos, except the ones available in Spanish (from the Biblioteca Digital de la Misión - links below link to this collection)

Works not known to be in Logos:

• H. Bavink: An Introduction to the Science of Missions
  • J Verkyl: Contemporary Missiology
  • J.I. Packer: Evangelism and the sovereignty of God
  • Samuel Escobar: The New Global Mission

Available in Logos in Spanish but not in English (English titles provided)

• David Bosch: Transforming Mission (Spanish title in Logos: Misión en transformación)
  • Charles Van Engen: The Missionary People of God (Spanish title in Logos: El pueblo misionero de Dios)

Other works in Logos in Spanish (not sure if they are available in English):

• Samuel Escobar: Tiempo de misión (mission history)
  • René Padilla: Bases bíblicas de la mission; El proyecto de Dios y las necesidades humanas

Posts 481
elnwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 1 2014 4:47 PM

Richard DeRuiter:

• H. Bavink: An Introduction to the Science of Missions
  • J Verkyl: Contemporary Missiology
  • J.I. Packer: Evangelism and the sovereignty of God
  • Samuel Escobar: The New Global Mission

Available in Logos in Spanish but not in English (English titles provided)

• David Bosch: Transforming Mission (Spanish title in Logos: Misión en transformación)
  • Charles Van Engen: The Missionary People of God (Spanish title in Logos: El pueblo misionero de Dios)

Other works in Logos in Spanish (not sure if they are available in English):

• Samuel Escobar: Tiempo de misión (mission history)
  • René Padilla: Bases bíblicas de la mission; El proyecto de Dios y las necesidades humanas

Thanks for the list. I guess I considered Packer Anglican rather than Reformed, and Escobar teaches at a Baptist seminary. I didn't realize that Bosch and Van Engen were Dutch Reformed. Good to know.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 2 2014 7:20 AM

elnwood:
I guess I considered Packer Anglican rather than Reformed, and Escobar teaches at a Baptist seminary

This is where the line gets a bit fuzzy. There are Calvinistic Anglicans and Baptists (e.g.). Are they Reformed? That depends on what we mean by Reformed. As with many words slung around the Christian world, "Reformed" has more than one meaning. (The same is true of such words as "Evangelical" and "Pentecostal.") Do we mean a set of core theological beliefs, values and a priori, or do we mean a historical movement? Packer and Escobar are within the scope of Reformed theology, while (arguably) outside the historical stream that calls itself Reformed. Most in the Reformed tradition are quite comfortable recommending Packer and Escobar (among others), for their serious-minded contributions in their respective areas.

Posts 3942
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 2 2014 9:58 AM

This is a conversation I've been following if only because I am missions minded, and also hold to the doctrines of grace.

Speaking as a baptist, who is reformed in his soteriology; I think we do count as being reformed - even if only loosely.

We may be the weird red-headed step child of the reform movement, but we do represent a growing and significant chunk of the SBC. SBC has what 16m members? 30% of which according to lifeway are calvinist.

This doesn't include churches like my home church that believes in most of the tenants of calivinism, but views calvinism with suspicion because of a past situation with a hyper-calvinist, and so doesn't self (and wouldn't on any survey) identify as calvinists. I doubt many of them could delineate the letters of tulip - yet many of us hold to all 5, and when shown the antithesis of calvinism most would recoil.

So the true number may be higher. Frankly, the BF&M incorporates at least 3 points any way.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Page 4 of 6 (103 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS