transfer logos 4 to new computer not having a network

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 172
Darren peter wright | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 29 2009 1:33 PM

does anyone know how to transfer logos 4 to a new computer from a old one , i am nit using a network , just wondered if i could copy to a external hard drive then from extrenal hard drive to new computer , as the information i received on the forum was for a network which i dont have ,

Posts 26718
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2009 2:06 PM

See http://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_multiple_computers - Method 3 is the safest.

You'll have to get the DVD for this installation. So I recommend you contact Customer Support, explain your situation, request the L4 DVD and your licence file!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 172
Darren peter wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 4:25 AM

hi i have the dvd , i can,t see in the instruction at whic point i install the dvd , is it after transfer from external hard drive and downloading from link , do you use the dvd for all three methods, on method 3 how do you indexing

thankyou for your help ,  

Posts 26718
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 5:29 AM

Darrenpeterwright:
i can,t see in the instruction at whic point i install the dvd

This will not work unless you also have your licence file from Logos.

Where it says "download and install Logos4 from"  is where you insert and install from DVD (ignore the download as DVD is a different install method). And you ignore instructions about going off-line and on-line as you have no network.

Darrenpeterwright:
on method 3 how do you indexing

Indexing begins when you restart L4 --> "start L4 whilst holding Ctrl key and Indexing should start"

Was that your question?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 172
Darren peter wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 7:35 AM

could i just install the dvd then copy and paste from external hard drive into the resource location folder , or would that not work

Posts 2
Joyce Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 5:51 PM

Yes I purchased a data transfer cable from local radio shack and followed the inst, no problem.

Posts 172
Darren peter wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 3:32 AM

which instruction did you follow , was it the instructions provided on the forum , where there is a choice of 1,2,3 ,

Posts 26718
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 5:01 AM

Darrenpeterwright:
could i just install the dvd then copy and paste from external hard drive into the resource location folder , or would that not work

Copy & paste does not work. You have to scan a source folder for L4 to properly recognise the resources.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 172
Darren peter wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 8:28 AM

Hi Dave , what does scan mean , as here in the uk , the word scan i used for anti virus software checking computer or scanning a document , 

Posts 172
Darren peter wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 8:29 AM

does anyone know what the word scan means , 

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 8:38 AM

Darrenpeterwright:
does anyone know what the word scan means , 
According to the dictionary on my computer scan means, "• look quickly but not very thoroughly through (a document or othertextin order to identify relevant information "

So, in this context Logos looks in a folder for the relevant information (book files) and adds them to the right folder so you can use them.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 8:40 AM

Darrenpeterwright:
here in the uk , the word scan i used for anti virus software checking computer or scanning a document , 
That is pretty much how it is used here for Virus Software in the US.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS