Vote for Bonhoeffer!

Page 1 of 3 (48 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 47 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1872
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 19 2014 12:06 PM

Dietrich Bonhoeffer is probably the the most famous 20th century theologian with the general public, but for better or worse, is more famous for his life than his theology.  And his theology is more interesting than many presentations of it.  I know that when I was introduced to him by Robinson's Honest to God, that it missed many points and was almost certainly a misreading of him...

The resources that Logos offers are the extensively annotated new editions - editions that place him into his time, referencing the books he had in his library, and the theological discussions of his era.  And they attempt to translate his terminology consistently.  And so they offer quite valuable aids to understanding him today, since none of us are German theologians of the 1930's and 1940's.

Many figures of this era are slow to being available in digital format.  Support this generation by VOTING BONHOEFFER!!!  www.logosmarchmadness.com

SDG

Ken McGuire

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Starter, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Posts 257
Jim Erwin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 19 2014 12:13 PM

YesYesYes

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/jimerwin/ - a postmodern pastor in a digital world

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 19 2014 12:14 PM

Voting Bonhoeffer, all the way!   (to 75% off)

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 439
Mathew Haferkamp | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 19 2014 12:26 PM

Yes, Bonhoeffer  all the way!!

Posts 204
David Salazar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 19 2014 12:46 PM

Aside from Fee currently winning, all those who I'm rooting for are going to lose.  Wouldn't be surprised if Wright beats Fee either.

But Bonhoeffer got my vote.

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 19 2014 12:56 PM

Ken McGuire:

Dietrich Bonhoeffer is probably the the most famous 20th century theologian with the general public, but for better or worse, is more famous for his life than his theology.  And his theology is more interesting than many presentations of it.  I know that when I was introduced to him by Robinson's Honest to God, that it missed many points and was almost certainly a misreading of him...

The resources that Logos offers are the extensively annotated new editions - editions that place him into his time, referencing the books he had in his library, and the theological discussions of his era.  And they attempt to translate his terminology consistently.  And so they offer quite valuable aids to understanding him today, since none of us are German theologians of the 1930's and 1940's.

Many figures of this era are slow to being available in digital format.  Support this generation by VOTING BONHOEFFER!!!  www.logosmarchmadness.com

SDG

Ken McGuire

YesYesYesYesYesYes

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 19 2014 1:04 PM

I already have all of Bonhoeffer's works that Logos sells, but yes I voted for him and will continue to as long as he keeps winning.

Yes

Posts 571
Nick Steffen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 19 2014 3:42 PM

Yes

Posts 9673
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 19 2014 4:13 PM

He's got my vote too!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 19 2014 4:33 PM

Bruce Dunning:

He's got my vote too!

.........and mine!               *smile*                                                                   Psalm 29:11

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 9673
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 19 2014 5:30 PM

We need more Bonhoeffer votes! Come on folks, cast your vote this way.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 232
Todd Frusti | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 19 2014 6:05 PM

I just cast my votes for Bonhoeffer.  Would love to see this hit 75%.Yes

Posts 87
Pinoy Preacher | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 19 2014 7:17 PM

YesYesYes

Big Smile

Posts 23
Eric Gren | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 19 2014 11:14 PM

He's got my vote!  I have been wanting to get his works in Logos for a long time so 75% off would help.

Posts 1872
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 20 2014 2:55 PM

Let's BUMP this up to victory!

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Starter, Academic Essentials

Posts 9673
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 21 2014 4:28 AM

The last time I checked Lloyd-Jones was ahead but this morning Bonhoeffer is close to 200 votes ahead. I like Lloyd-Jones but would rather see Bonhoeffer win.

Posts 232
Todd Frusti | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 21 2014 5:30 AM

I'm pleased to see Bonhoeffer take the lead this morning.  He was behind by quite a bit when I check last night.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 21 2014 5:33 AM

I hope that everyone interested in (or curious about) Bonhoeffer has remembered to get the Free Book of the Month.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1872
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 21 2014 8:18 AM

Bonhoeffer's lead is shrinking! gone. Get your friends to VOTE BONHOEFFER!

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 21 2014 8:25 AM

Ken McGuire:

Bonhoeffer's lead is shrinking! gone. Get your friends to VOTE BONHOEFFER!

I was going to say, 'what page are you looking at?'  Bonhoeffer was not leading when I looked at the page, and he was down by a lot of votes.

Page 1 of 3 (48 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS