Highlighting

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 9
Gordon Wiebe | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Mar 30 2014 9:43 AM

In Word, I can elect a highlight pen and it stays selected and active as long as I want to use it. In logos I seem to have to reselect a highlighter every single time I want to highlight a text. In this day and age, the programming can't be that behind the times so it must be something I am doing wrong. Does anyone know how to select a highlighter and keep it selected as the cursor until you decide to stop highlighting?

Posts 908
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 30 2014 10:22 AM

Gordon,  You can simply select the text that you'd like to highlight, and then press CTRL-K (assuming you are using a PC, or Option-K on a Mac I believe).  This sequence uses the last highlight pen that you selected, no matter how many sessions ago you selected it.  Hope that works the way you want it to!

"I read dead people..."

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 30 2014 10:30 AM

Hi Gordon. Welcome to the forums!

I assume you're talking about the Logos desktop software? (The new quick highlight feature of the latest iOS app does remember the last highlight style you used, and will continue to apply that style until you change it.)

In addition to what Brother Mark said, you can also set-up / select letter shortcuts to your various highlight styles In Logos 5. I've done this with my most used ones (using nos. 1, 2, 3, etc...) so that every time I want to create a highlight, I highlight the text I want, then hit the key whose style I want to use. It will then store that highlight in my most recently used note file.

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 30 2014 10:33 AM

If you're interested, you can find out how to assign highlight short cuts here:

http://wiki.logos.com/Highlighting 

Posts 9
Gordon Wiebe | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 30 2014 11:22 AM

Thank you Brother Mark!  I truly appreciate you're taking the time to show me the way.

Posts 9
Gordon Wiebe | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 30 2014 11:23 AM

Thank you Paul-C.  I very much appreciate you're taking the time to respond; and not once but twice! 

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 30 2014 11:53 AM
It's my pleasure, Gordon. Smile
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS