Information popup on mouse over

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Barry van der Merwe | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Apr 3 2014 8:14 AM

I used to be able to get a detailed information popup window when I hovered my mouse over a resource (e.g. KJV). That info is now only available in the Information window with a barely visible popup window at the bottom with minimal info.

For instance: In 2 Chron 20:15 I hovered over "said" and in my Libronix I get a clear visible  popup window with the following information

Strong’s Hebrew #559 559 אָמַר, אָמַר [ʾamar /aw·mar/] v. A primitive root; TWOT 118; GK 606 and 607; 5308 occurrences; AV translates as "said" 4874 times, "speak" 179 times, "answer" 99 times, "command" 30 times, "tell" 29 times, "call" seven times, "promised" six times, and translated miscellaneously 84 times. 1 to say, speak, utter. 1a (Qal) to say, to answer, to say in one’s heart, to think, to command, to promise, to intend. 1b (Niphal) to be told, to be said, to be called. 1c (Hithpael) to boast, to act proudly. 1d (Hiphil) to avow, to avouch.

Tense/Voice/Mood #8799 8799 Stem  — Qal See 8851 Mood  — Imperfect See 8811 Count — 19885

In Logos 5 I get a barley visible popup window right at the bottom that is hardly distinguishable from the rest of the text with only the following information

Strong’s Hebrew #559; Tense/Voice/Mood #8799

How can I get the proper popup window back the way it used to be and the way it displays in Libronix?

I'm using a Dell Inspiron Laptop with Windows 8

Posts 5430
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 3 2014 8:20 AM

Welcome to the world of "Logos 5 sucks". You can forget that hope...most of the the highly useful features of L3 (Libronix) weren't considered worthy of inclusion in L5. I continue using L3 for that reason. Sad, but it is what it is.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 25339
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 3 2014 8:51 AM

Hi Barry - and welcome to the forums

Have you tried the Information panel availanle under the Tools menu?

Graham

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 3 2014 9:00 AM

Barry v/d Merwe:
How can I get the proper popup window back the way it used to be and the way it displays in Libronix?

Short answer: You can't.

However, with Reverse interlinears (such as at least one of the KJV's) this information and more is available at the bottom of the panel, when the Reverse Interlinear pane is displayed. Have you taken a look at that function yet?

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 4
Barry van der Merwe | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 11 2014 6:42 AM

Hi Graham,

I have tried it and it gives all the info displayed in Libronix but in a separate window not as a popup box.

Posts 4
Barry van der Merwe | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 11 2014 6:58 AM

Hi Richard,

I am using the Interlinear pane in the ASV bible but that doesn't solve my problem. I have an Afrikaans Bible with Strong's Numbers in the New testament. In Libronix, when I hover over any word in the Afrikaans bible it gives me the proper info as explained earlier. This doesn't happen in Logos 5 which makes it very difficult to utilise quick info on such words.

Posts 25339
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 11 2014 7:48 AM

Hi Barry

Barry v/d Merwe:
I have tried it and it gives all the info displayed in Libronix but in a separate window not as a popup box.

Yes - that is correct

It is how Logos 4 / 5 were designed to work

Graham 

Posts 27232
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 11 2014 6:53 PM

David Paul:
Welcome to the world of "Logos 5 sucks". You can forget that hope...most of the the highly useful features of L3 (Libronix) weren't considered worthy of inclusion in L5.

David, your complaint lack objectivity and fact:

The L3 popup only works for bibles with Strong's or Louw-Nida numbers (e.g. KJV, NASB95, LogosNA27), which therefore restricts the lexicons you can use. For other Greek bibles and Hebrew bibles you get the same info as the L5 popup unless you use the right-click "Display Information" to get the Information Window with your preferred language lexicon. L5 places the Information window in a panel as described above but it provides the same information and lexicon choices as in L3.

Complaining about the extra real estate used (from another post of yours) is really nitpicking as L5 gives you the choice (with your layout) of whether to have a permanent half-width panel or a temporary one as in L3. The L5 permanent panel accommodates other tools for my layout.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS