Mac 5.2.1.0081 Copy Verses tool causes Bible window to change locations

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 33
Alan Olender | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 9 2014 11:49 AM

Since the latest upgrade I'm have the Copy Verses tool cause the Bible window to change locations, thus moving away from the passage that was copied.  The back button does not take the window back to the passage being copied.

Is there any solution for this?

Posts 238
Charles | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 9 2014 12:11 PM

Hi Alan:

It's working normally for me copying verses from Mac Word 2011.  I'm using Mavericks 10.9.2 with the latest update of Logos.  Are you experiencing this with Word or Pages?

In Christ,

Charles

2017 27" iMac 5K, Mojave, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, iOS 12.0, Catalina beta, iPadOS Beta  

Posts 33
Alan Olender | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 9 2014 1:47 PM

I'm using Lion.  My Mac is too old to upgrade further.  I paste manually into Word.

thanks for your reply.

Posts 3188
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 9 2014 1:53 PM

Hi Alan,

I'm unclear what you mean here: 

Alan Olender:
the Copy Verses tool cause the Bible window to change locations,

Is the citation that is being pasted different? Do you have a bible resource (I.E. ESV, NASB95, etc.) that is "moving?" How is it moving? Is the whole Logos window physically shifting one way or another, or is it just the bible panel?

Posts 33
Alan Olender | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 9 2014 3:05 PM

Sorry for the lack of clarity.  One window I always keep open is a Bible window.  When a direct that window to a Bible location, then choose the Copy Verses tool, the tool opens another window where I can choose what to copy.  When that copy window opens, the Bible window "moves," i.e. the location it is showing in the Bible changes.  If I use the back arrow in the Bible window it does not go back to the location I went to for copying.

However, the last two times I have used the Copy Verses tool, this did not occur, though it has been occurring for some time.

Thanks for your interest.

Posts 3188
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 9 2014 5:31 PM

When Copy Bible Verses (CBV) was altering the verse the bible was set to was there an orange icon in the top-left of the CBV panel? If the CBV panel is set to "follow" it should follow what ever verse is in reference box of the bible panel. 

Posts 33
Alan Olender | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 9 2014 9:40 PM

The CBV panel did not have the "follow" selected.  Should I select that to keep the CBV panel synced with the Bible panel?

Posts 26813
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 10 2014 1:40 AM

Alan Olender:
Should I select that to keep the CBV panel synced with the Bible panel?

Yes. CBV will then sync when you scroll in the bible panel, and sync with any panel you open that has a bible reference e.g. commentary.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 33
Alan Olender | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 10 2014 7:29 AM

OK  Thanks much.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS