ACK!!! Personal Books all GONE in 5.2a SR-1!

Page 3 of 4 (76 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 75 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 186
Robert G. Mettler | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 9 2014 4:26 PM

Robert G. Mettler:

I am currently  running a rebuild index, already tried "update resources"; restart program; restart computer; etc.

Robert

Rebuild index completed. No PBBs in Library. My tags that were for PBBs  GONE.

Robert

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 9 2014 4:32 PM

Rosie Perera:
I've heard tell (a little birdie told me) that Logos has been working on the "sync PBs between machines and devices" feature which we've all been waiting for, but it wasn't done for 5.2a. However, it might be partially implemented behind the scenes. So I'm guessing something went haywire with that and it synced our PBs into oblivion.

In which case the fact that I can still see them in the library may be due to me being on 10.6, which is now a "maintenance version" that may never see PB syncing.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 186
Robert G. Mettler | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 9 2014 4:43 PM

Rosie Perera:

I've heard tell (a little birdie told me) that Logos has been working on the "sync PBs between machines and devices" feature which we've all been waiting for, but it wasn't done for 5.2a. However, it might be partially implemented behind the scenes. So I'm guessing something went haywire with that and it synced our PBs into oblivion.

I am getting that syncing feeling.Crying I sure hope we can  recover from it.

Posts 84
LogosEmployee
Mitch (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 9 2014 6:07 PM

I believe we have nailed down the problem and a solution should be out soon.

This is a server issue and is unrelated to what version of Logos you are running. I'll have more details when the fix is deployed.

Thanks for your patience!

Posts 84
LogosEmployee
Mitch (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 9 2014 6:41 PM

Ok, the fix has been deployed. Anyone who's missing personal books needs to update their licenses using the "Update Now" command or restarting Logos.

If you had rebuilt any of your personal books while they were missing, you will need to rebuild them once more after updating.

Please post any updates you have to this thread.

Posts 186
Robert G. Mettler | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 9 2014 7:04 PM

Mitch Rosenburg - Logos:

Ok, the fix has been deployed. Anyone who's missing personal books needs to update their licenses using the "Update Now" command or restarting Logos.

If you had rebuilt any of your personal books while they were missing, you will need to rebuild them once more after updating.

OK. Acknowledge Fixed on startup.

Posts 19263
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 9 2014 9:11 PM

Mitch Rosenburg - Logos:

Confirmed fixed by restarting Logos. Thank you! Whew!

Posts 24915
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 9 2014 11:32 PM

Mitch Rosenburg - Logos:
Ok, the fix has been deployed. Anyone who's missing personal books needs to update their licenses using the "Update Now" command or restarting

Recovered - thanksSmile

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 10 2014 3:02 AM

Confirmed fixed for me - thanks for fixing it so quickly!

Posts 328
Thinking | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 10 2014 3:06 AM

Mine are also still available, but I only have a few. I wonder if it matters on the number of PB's are in the library.

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 10 2014 5:53 AM

Phil Mills:

Mine are also still available, but I only have a few. I wonder if it matters on the number of PB's are in the library.

Just guessing, but probably not. As I suspected this was internal issue at Logos that probably had to do with the PB syncing project. 

Posts 26817
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 10 2014 5:53 AM

Phil Mills:

Assuming the server problem is fixed... If some PB's are missing from Library you can recompile them from the tool Personal Books as this info is sync'd. So it only matters if they are missing from the tool...

EDIT: seeing Fred's reply, I think he understood your question better!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 5809
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 14 2014 12:36 AM

Mitch Rosenburg - Logos:

My PBB's are still missing from my library. I have run update now, restarted Logos and they still do not show in my library but are showing in the PBB tool and when I try open one from the tool it say's I do not have a license for them.

Posts 84
LogosEmployee
Mitch (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 14 2014 5:55 AM

Disciple of Christ (doc):

My PBB's are still missing from my library. I have run update now, restarted Logos and they still do not show in my library but are showing in the PBB tool and when I try open one from the tool it say's I do not have a license for them.

Doc, would you be able to send me a couple of your book files? The would be in <Your Logos Dir>\Data\ResourceManager\Resources, and have the file extension .lbspbb.

You can send them to bugs@logos.com and I'll try to take a look today.

Thanks!
Mitch

Posts 5809
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 14 2014 2:32 PM

Mitch I've sent through an email to bugs@logos.com.  I can find no .lbspbb in the directory where they should be and have searched all of my hard drives and not a single trace of them anywhere. Some of the metadata in the PBB tool also looks to be corrupted.

Mitch Rosenburg - Logos:

Doc, would you be able to send me a couple of your book files? The would be in <Your Logos Dir>\Data\ResourceManager\Resources, and have the file extension .lbspbb.

You can send them to bugs@logos.com and I'll try to take a look today.

Thanks!
Mitch

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 14 2014 2:47 PM

Mitch I've sent through an email to bugs@logos.com.

Doc can you please resend the email to logosbugs@logos.com

Posts 5809
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 14 2014 3:00 PM

Angela Murashov:

Done Angela. Thank you.

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 14 2014 3:06 PM

Angela Murashov:

Done Angela. Thank you.

Thank you! Smile I'll make sure Mitch gets the email.

Posts 226
Michael A. Lasley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 16 2014 6:10 PM

My personal books have also disappeared. But this only happened between 4/15 and 4/16. I had had no problem up to 4/15 and when I got back on the system on 4/16 they were all gone. They are still gone. So I want to add my name to this topic. I started another topic earlier today and was told about this one.

So how do I get my books back?

Posts 31
Bruce Hurt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 16 2014 6:14 PM

All PBB's gone again, identical to what happened in the last couple of weeks. Yesterday they were present. Have not restarted Logos. Please advise.

Page 3 of 4 (76 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS