ACK!!! Personal Books all GONE in 5.2a SR-1!

Page 4 of 4 (76 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
This post has 75 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 16 2014 6:28 PM

You guys having that 'syncing' feeling again?  'No syncing each day keeps the PBs at play!'

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 226
Michael A. Lasley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 16 2014 6:29 PM

I tried and Update Now and that did not work. Then I tried an Update Resources. That did not work either. I do see my resources in the Personal Books tool, but when I try to open them it tells me that they are not in the library.

Posts 570
HansK | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 16 2014 8:09 PM

I'm on 5.2a Mac (Stable Channel) and after a huge download of new files, all my PB's are gone now (17/4 5.00 GMT).

MacOS Sierra / Logos 7 Collector's Edition & All Base Packages / Logos Now

Posts 84
LogosEmployee
Mitch (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 16 2014 8:14 PM

I'm sorry that this problem has cropped up again.

I'm actively working on getting it fixed.

Posts 482
elnwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 16 2014 8:46 PM

My PBs are missing also.

Posts 84
LogosEmployee
Mitch (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 16 2014 9:00 PM

Ok, if you restart Logos your personal books should be readable again. Again, if you rebuilt any of your books while they were missing you will need to rebuild them once more.

Thanks for your patience - again.

Posts 570
HansK | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 16 2014 9:15 PM

Thanks, up and running again!

MacOS Sierra / Logos 7 Collector's Edition & All Base Packages / Logos Now

Posts 5809
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 16 2014 11:09 PM

DI'd you get my email Mitch? Any update? Should I just go ahead and remove the double entries and rebuild all my PB's ? Or is there some further files you want me to send to you before I rebuild?

Mitch Rosenburg - Logos:

Ok, if you restart Logos your personal books should be readable again. Again, if you rebuilt any of your books while they were missing you will need to rebuild them once more.

Posts 84
LogosEmployee
Mitch (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 17 2014 6:30 AM

Disciple of Christ (doc):

DI'd you get my email Mitch? Any update? Should I just go ahead and remove the double entries and rebuild all my PB's ? Or is there some further files you want me to send to you before I rebuild?

I've sent you an email in response doc. I believe that what you are experiencing is not directly related to the issue that users are experiencing in this thread.

Posts 226
Michael A. Lasley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 17 2014 7:59 AM

Thanks. My startup took longer than usual, but when it got up all of the personal books were there.

Posts 3743
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 21 2014 12:31 PM

Mitch Rosenburg - Logos:

I just discovered that my personal books are missing, too... attempt to open them even in PB so as to rebuild them? error message that I don't have a license to read them.Crying

What do I do?

I'm on a win 8.1 laptop running 5.2a SR-1 (5.2.1.0081) (specs below).

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 3743
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 21 2014 3:03 PM

BillS:
What do I do?

Broke the code on rebuilding them....

Grace & Peace,
Bill

iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 29618
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 21 2014 3:13 PM

You should NOT rebuild them. I'm out & about and responding on my phone, but you should skim through the thread looking for responses from Logos employees. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3743
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 21 2014 4:07 PM

alabama24:

You should NOT rebuild them. I'm out & about and responding on my phone, but you should skim through the thread looking for responses from Logos employees. 

Too late... they're ALL rebuilt. Sad

I DID look for Logos responses in the thread. They were all about waiting for the version I'm already on. Restarting... been there, done all that.

Now what?

Grace & Peace,
Bill

iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 9140
LogosEmployee

BillS:

What do I do?

Are you working online? Restoring your PBs requires the system to download your latest license file from our servers.

Posts 3743
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 21 2014 4:13 PM

Yes, almost always on line. [The only time I take it off line is right before teaching a Bible class... And I put it back on-line immediately after so I can sync the saved the layout, so I know where to start next time].

And I sync licenses multiple times a week, usually to speed up a download of a free Vyrso resource. Latest was this morning, just before I discovered I had missing PBs. (Total of 94 are all there, now.)

As near as I can tell, I'm on the LATEST release, wasn't supposed to have the problem, had already synced resources, had already restarted, & still had all but one PB missing.

They're all there now, even after restart of L5.

Grace & Peace,
Bill

iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Page 4 of 4 (76 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS