Satan on my Homepage

Page 1 of 2 (38 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 37 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 142
Michael Sullivan | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 31 2009 6:39 AM

It is actually a little humurous now, but on at least 4 different days in the last 2 weeks, the same picture of Satan from the Bible Readers Companion keeps popping on on the first page to greet me when I start up Logos.   With the vaste variety of photos, charts, and diagrams Logos has is there any reason this particular one seems to be popping up all the time?

Just curious if anyone else is noticing things like this.

Posts 298
Kaye Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 6:40 AM

Have to admit it creeped me out quite a bit to keep seeing that evil face...

"But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry."  2 Timothy 4:5 (NASB)

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 7:32 AM

In all seriousness, I was just about to ask how images and extracts were chosen for the homepage. The ones I had (nothing at all to do with the devil!) have seemed really appropriate for me. I wonder what you've been up to!! Stick out tongue

Posts 102
Roger King | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 7:40 AM

I have been getting "Christmas" related images. I wonder what the formula is....

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 7:41 AM

The secret is out now about the syncing of your notes with Logos, they have written a series of algorithms that analyze the content of your notes and display content appropriate to your level of bible study. The must be why Matthew 25.21 keeps popping up on mine. Big Smile

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 7:51 AM

Terry Poperszky:

The secret is out now about the syncing of your notes with Logos, they have written a series of algorithms that analyze the content of your notes and display content appropriate to your level of bible study. The must be why Matthew 25.21 keeps popping up on mine. Big Smile

Well, that explains why I'm always getting Romans 9... Wink

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 2759
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 7:56 AM

I am glad I dont start with homepage open after recent comments/posts..

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 403
777 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 8:09 AM

I use google as my homepage.

Posts 142
Michael Sullivan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 8:31 AM

I did have a professor who, whenever he would catch a typo in his handouts, say in German that the devil was in the typewriter again.  Maybe he was right! 

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 8:50 AM

Paul Golder:

Terry Poperszky:

Well, that explains why I'm always getting Romans 9... Wink

It would explain why I keep getting various items dealing with the Apocalypse since I have a translation note for each chapter, a commentary note for each chapter, an introduction, a translation of the entire book in one note and various excursuses on topics within the book.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 8:54 AM

George Somsel:
t would explain why I keep getting various items dealing with the Apocalypse

Or it could just be a warning! Wink

I sure hope no one takes my attempt at humor in my post as being real. That is how birther conspiracies get started. Sad

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 8:54 AM

MikeM:

I wasn't aware you could do that in Logos.  Is it possible that you mean that you use Google as you home page for IE or T'bird?

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 9:04 AM

George Somsel:
It would explain why I keep getting various items dealing with the Apocalypse since I have a translation note for each chapter, a commentary note for each chapter, an introduction, a translation of the entire book in one note and various excursuses on topics within the book.

Just wondering, You don't by chance see your notes being completed in 2012, do you? Wink

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 1:40 PM

Terry Poperszky:
That is how birther conspiracies get started. Sad

Contrary to any rumors which may be circulating on the subject, I really was born and not hatched.  Big Smile

george
gfsomsel

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 2:33 PM

Paul Golder:

George Somsel:

Just wondering, You don't by chance see your notes being completed in 2012, do you? Wink

Since I don't imagine that you lend much credence to the chatter by some of the screwballs out there (They'll believe the Mayan calendar, but not the bible?), I assume this is humorous Smile (at least I got a smile out of it), but seriously, that is a possibility.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 22
Tom Gray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 4:39 PM

Paul Golder:

Since I don't imagine that you lend much credence to the chatter by some of the screwballs out there (They'll believe the Mayan calendar, but not the bible?), I assume this is humorous Smile (at least I got a smile out of it), but seriously, that is a possibility.

ON that subject...try this link and let me know what you think...http://www.harvestreno.org/messageVideo.asp?id=134&quality=medium

Posts 671
Michael Lyman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 5:06 PM

2 Corinthians 11:13-15 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.

He and his minions are all over the place, just in disguise.  Just turn on TBN or CBN or NRB or ...

Posts 403
777 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 5:36 PM

Michael Lyman:

2 Corinthians 11:13-15 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.

He and his minions are all over the place, just in disguise.  Just turn on TBN or CBN or NRB or ...

I think that a lot of people that are atheists are such because they see the stuff on TBN and have enough God-given sense to smell a rat.  I'm sure that God has made provision for the folks that have enough sense to know to just walk away from that rot.

Posts 403
777 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 5:40 PM

George Somsel:

MikeM:

I wasn't aware you could do that in Logos.  Is it possible that you mean that you use Google as you home page for IE or T'bird?

Actually it's in Firefox.  I don't use the homepage in Logos because it reminds me of the tabloids parked next to the checkout stands at the grocery store.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 6:29 PM

Tom Gray:

ON that subject...try this link and let me know what you think...http://www.harvestreno.org/messageVideo.asp?id=134&quality=medium

My first response to this (and similar schemes) is what a sem prof said in class once:

"It's always dangerous to be clearer about things than the Bible is."

My next response is: for a guy who doesn't say he's setting a date, he looks like he's setting a date. If he isn't, he just wasted a lot of time doing public theoretical math.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Page 1 of 2 (38 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS