Winsock reset problem

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 37
Ron W | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 29 2014 1:44 PM

I have developed a problem on my laptop that requires resetting the Winsock.  I don't have the problem on another computer at work. 

When I update and close Logos so it can synch, it will not allow me to sign back on unless I reset the Winsock (Go to Accessories, right click on Command Prompt, Run as Administrator, then type at prompt: netsh winsock reset).  This requires a reboot and then I can sign on OK.  If I synch after resetting, it will keep me from signing on until I reset Winsock.

Has anyone else seen this problem or know how to fix it?

Thanks.

Ron

Posts 26029
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 29 2014 2:35 PM

Ron W:
When I update and close Logos so it can synch, it will not allow me to sign back on unless I reset the Winsock

Is there an issue with Logos sync? It would be helpful to see some logs, especially Logos.log (start Logos with CTRL key held). However, Winsock errors usually occur because of spyware or Web browser hijacking, so I would also run a threat scan from your Security suite.

NB. I saw this warning on a MS web page "Programs that access or monitor the Internet such as antivirus, firewall, or proxy clients may be negatively affected when you run the netsh winsock reset command. If you have a program that no longer functions correctly after you use this resolution, reinstall the program to restore functionality." Are any other programs affected. Why did you resort to this fix in the first place?

EDIT: The sign-in issue may be related to Logos, so restart the computer instead of using the Winsock fix.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS