Toolbar Button question

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 12
David De Haan | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 5 2014 9:27 PM

I upgraded to a new modest desktop computer which runs Windows 8.1 and installed Logos 5.  It runs fine except for the one-click buttons to open my Microsoft Word or Excel programs.  Clicking on them does nothing now.  Subsequently, I have deleted them altogether.  Anyone have an idea how I can "re-install" these options?  I couldn't find any hints via a forum or wiki search.

Posts 4623
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 6 2014 9:44 AM

David,

Someone who uses Win 8.1 may see this thread and be able to help you, but this forum is for Logos questions. You may have better results posting this on a Microsoft forum.

Forgive me if I have misunderstood your post and it does relate to the Logos program.

Posts 25030
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 6 2014 10:49 AM

David De Haan:
Anyone have an idea how I can "re-install" these options? 

Try dragging their shortcut from the Windows desktop to the Logos shortcut bar.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 571
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 6 2014 11:04 AM

Dave Hooton:

David De Haan:
Anyone have an idea how I can "re-install" these options? 

Try dragging their shortcut from the Windows desktop to the Logos shortcut bar.

And if you’re like me and keep your desktop free of shortcuts so they don’t obstruct the beautiful backgrounds you have, you can simply right click on one of the Microsoft apps from the start menu – select ‘Open File Location’ – and all the shortcuts to the Microsoft products will come up. You can then drag them from there to the Logos bar.

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | Logos 4 Portfolio | Logos 5 Platinum | Logos 6 Feature Crossgrade | Logos 7 Essential Upgrade - Large | Logos 8 Methodist & Wesleyan Platinum and Academic Professional

Posts 2062
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 6 2014 11:13 AM

I can replicate the problem. There may be an issue here with Word/Excel. They don't seem to work whereas a few other programs I tried do.

EDIT: To get it to work, I had to copy directly from the drive location ("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15") to the Logos toolbar. It doesn't work copying from the Start menu. Windows 8.1. Office 365.

Posts 3154
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 6 2014 4:37 PM

Hi David,

Do you have Logos running as administrator? I've seen this occur in that context. 

Posts 12
David De Haan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 6 2014 5:14 PM

Thank you everyone for your suggestions.  In Windows 8.1 it appears one cannot drag an icon to the Toolbar as per Vista.  So, no success yet.

Tommy, I am running it as 'Administrator'.

Posts 3154
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 7 2014 3:51 PM

David De Haan:
Tommy, I am running it as 'Administrator'.

That's the problem then. If you disable running it as administrator it should work. 

Posts 12
David De Haan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 8 2014 7:38 PM

Ok Tommy, I switch it then.  Thank you for your guidance! 

I thought if it wasn't running as administrator there were issues running updates and indexing.

Posts 3154
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 9 2014 11:10 AM

David De Haan:
I thought if it wasn't running as administrator there were issues running updates and indexing.

Nope, you shouldn't need to run the install as administrator. . Sometimes people will get "error writing to file" and CS in the past has given them the bandage of running the setup as admin. THis article is what we are telling people to do now because it is a permissions problem: https://www.logos.com/support/logos5/windows/error-writing-to-file

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS