Anyone else notice Windows on Mac?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, May 11 2014 3:15 AM

Just tongue in cheek here...

Anyone else pick up on the Verbum advertisement that it is Logos (Windows) rather than Logos (Mac) on a Macbook Air?  I know you can do this with a virtual machine, but suspect that when the 3 marketeers doctored this photo they decided to drop in a windows screenshot rather than mac.  I was sort of thinking that Logos Mac was pretty much prime time now! (sorry couldn't resist)

OK, even more cheeky, anyone want to put forth a source theory on this?  Was the editing done on a Windows machine, or did the employee have a bias towards windows?  Or maybe the source is the screen shot and an Macbook air was superimposed on the computer?  Or maybe the desk was brought in from a 'Q' source and then the editor added the macbook and screenshot from two other advertisements?

Posts 10848
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 11 2014 4:40 AM

Donovan R. Palmer:
Or maybe the desk was brought in from a 'Q' source and then the editor added the macbook and screenshot from two other advertisements?

Big Smile

Posts 6730
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 11 2014 5:45 AM

Apple has finally seen the light. Wink

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 391
Geo Philips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 11 2014 7:04 AM

While this might be an image doctored by the marketing folks, I used to do this very same thing by installing bootcamp on a Mac and then running Logos (of course, there was the taskbar et al which is missing in this image Big Smile)

I am speculating here but the image might be from a photo archive service and the marketing folk cropped a Windows Logos screenshot onto the monitor.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 11 2014 1:26 PM

Donovan R. Palmer:
Anyone else pick up on the Verbum advertisement that it is Logos (Windows) rather than Logos (Mac) on a Macbook Air?

22 Apr blog => http://scripturestudysoftware.com/2014/04/22/easter-giveaway-win-a-macbook-air-verbum-capstone/ has another MacBook Air with Logos for Windows:

Logos 5 for Windows along with Apple Finder could be done using Fusion Unity or Parallels Coherence.

Donovan R. Palmer:
OK, even more cheeky, anyone want to put forth a source theory on this?

One thought is a 24 Mar blog => http://blog.logos.com/2014/03/win-a-macbook-air-logos-5-gold-and-r-c-sproul-books/ showing Vyrso on a MacBook Air (that could spark more Q source discussion):

Lynden Williams:

Apple has finally seen the light. Wink

Worldwide PC shipments in 1st Quarter 2014 => http://www.canalys.com/newsroom/tablet-growth-slows-21-channel-stock-rises shows Apple has potential for more growth.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 27
Tim Sikkema | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 11 2014 9:47 PM

Here's a different "Windows on Mac" issue right in program settings: 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS