how to change customer ID

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Frances Holland | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 31 2009 5:05 PM

My email address has changes, how can I get Libronix to recognise this?

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 5:13 PM

You don't have to - your original address is your Logos identity.  I think though that there is now a process where you can change that.  I haven't done it, and I must admit to being leery of doing it.  Perhaps someone else has done it without any problems.  You could also go through Customer Service just to be sure it's done right.

If it's just for getting e-mails etc you could simply sign up again for whatever you want.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 18867
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 5:13 PM

Frances Holland:

My email address has changes, how can I get Libronix to recognise this?

You need to contact Logos Customer Service and let them know about that change. You'll probably have to provide sufficient proof over the phone that you are the same person as the one who had the previous email address so they know that you aren't just someone else trying to steal Frances Holland's Logos installation. Here's the contact info.

P.S. (after seeing Alex's post) -- I have changed mine from what my original email address userid was, and it worked fine doing it through Customer Service.

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 12:28 AM

Rosie Perera:

P.S. (after seeing Alex's post) -- I have changed mine from what my original email address userid was, and it worked fine doing it through Customer Service.

I have asked to get mine changed but they say My account will always be the original email but they can add my current email for "contacting."

Have they recently changed the policy?

William

Posts 18867
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 12:33 AM

William Bingham:

I have asked to get mine changed but they say My account will always be the original email but they can add my current email for "contacting."

I don't know; you'll have to ask them. All I know is that I was blind and now I see. Er, I mean all I know is that I used to use my old email address to log in to the Logos website when purchasing resources, and now I use my new one. I changed sometime within the past 1-3 years, but I can't remember precisely when. Actually I still have the old email address and mail forwards to me from it, but I don't want it used for things like this anymore since it's not necessarily going to be around forever.

I actually did have some trouble getting the change made. At first they said they'd done it (perhaps 3 years ago), but logging in wouldn't work with my new address, and then I asked again a year or so later, and now it works. I don't really understand what went on behind the scenes. I suggest you call back again and get a different Customer Support person. They each have their own areas of expertise and some have been baffled by things that others know, so you might get someone different who can help you with this if you try again.

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 12:41 AM

Rosie Perera:

They each have their own areas of expertise and some have been baffled by things that others know, so you might get someone different who can help you with this if you try again.

Yeah, I might do that.  Thanks.

William

Posts 1365
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 7:18 AM

I wonder how smooth the process is nowadays, since now your Logos ID (email address) is also what identifies you and gets you connected to the "cloud" when you start Logos 4.

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 10:13 AM

William Bingham:

they say My account will always be the original email but they can add my current email for "contacting."

Interesting.  When I got the L4 beta program, they changed my UserID to my current e-mail address.  Now I have L3 registered under one e-mail and L4 under another, and yet everything seems to work as it should.  I know that at one time I came across a site where you could change your Customer ID, but I have no idea where it was or if it's still available.

[Edit:  Actually the option to change your customer ID is in the 'My Account' section.  I have no idea if anyone has any experience with this or if it works without complications, hence I would suggest going through Customer Service if you want to do that, until there is sufficient experience of others doing this successfully.]

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 18867
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 6:54 PM

Note that in addition to your email address which is your Logos ID and can be changed, there is also a separate unique ID number which you sometimes have to give. Something of the format LBXUSER##### (mine is a 5-digit number, but I'm sure they're up to 6 digit numbers now since I read somewhere they have over 700,000 users). This number I presume is not changeable and will forever identify you should you change your email address.

Posts 1
c smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 4:45 PM

In your Libronix program you cannot change your Customer ID, unless your computer has been stolen and there is a privacy need. The contact email can be changed and updated to your most recent email address. You can change your contact email for Libronix by either calling customer support or choosing to update your contact details through account management and use the internet to update them.

Your web account can also be updated. Sign into the account with your old email that you were using and then going into your My Account, click on your Profile and here you can change your profile details, this will change the email you sign into your web account with. If you change this email address you'll have to resign into your Logos 4 program.

Does that make sense?

Posts 4
ETMoore | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 1 2010 8:33 PM

I was able to change my Libronix ID (which was an old email address I used back in ver 3), but to do so, I had to uninstall Logos 4 and reinstall it. During the installation process, it asked me for an ID, and I provided the new email address. At the time, I only had L4 installed on my Win7 box. I imagine if you try this process, you would have to uninstall it from every device you have it on first. At this point, based on the way L4 works, this could be a very time consuming process. However, as in all things, YMMV.

Posts 89
Shawn Nichols | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 8 2013 2:35 PM

In Windows, here's the instructions for changing your email address in your Logos 5 software.

• Change your email address under your account at logos.com
  • Close Logos Bible Software completely.
  • Hold down the CNTL key while opening Logos from the desktop.
  • A login screen will appear. Log in with the new email address and password.
  • Verify the new email address registration by clicking on the '?' icon in the top right and selecting "About Logos Bible Software." You should see your new email address listed.

On a MAC, here's the instructions for changing your email address in your Logos 5 software.

• Change your email address under your account at logos.com
  • Close Logos.
  • Click on Finder, then on the Applications folder.
  • Click ONCE on Logos 5 so it highlights.
  • Hold down the Command key, then press the letter ‘O’ key on the keyboard.  Keep holding down the Command key until a new sign-in window appears. Log in with the new email address and password.

I'm updating this post from several years ago because it was the second article listed when searching the online community for my problem. Hope others find it here as well.

FYI - As of this post, changing your email address with logos.com will also reset your post count under your avitar in this forum. If you're interested in resetting your post count, check out this article. (http://community.logos.com/forums/t/31989.aspx)

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS