Church of Christ Library for Logos Bible Software

Page 7 of 9 (161 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next >
This post has 160 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 1019
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 22 2014 2:38 PM

James C.:

Alexander Campbell's Translation is on Community Pricing with a collection of other old translations.

https://www.logos.com/product/16808/english-bible-collection#017

His book Christian Baptism: With Its Antecedents and Consequents is also on Community Pricing in the "Classic Studies on Baptism."

https://www.logos.com/product/33657/classic-studies-on-baptism#035

Neither of those collections is moving all that quickly, though.  I wonder if they're just too big, and if breaking them up might get some of these books moving more quickly.

Posts 483
Gary Butner, Th.D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 22 2014 3:49 PM

The upgrade to Christian History Magazine is on pre-publication, and issue 106 features the Stone-Campbell Movement.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 22 2014 5:20 PM

Gary Butner:
The upgrade to Christian History Magazine is on pre-publication, and issue 106 features the Stone-Campbell Movement.

Do we have a link to this Pre-Pub? I would like to order it but I can't find it.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 6483
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 22 2014 5:46 PM

Has anyone started a thread in the suggestion forum with a list of books for Logos to pursue? I did not see it. Only went back as far as May 15.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 22 2014 6:13 PM

Lynden Williams:

Has anyone started a thread in the suggestion forum with a list of books for Logos to pursue? I did not see it. Only went back as far as May 15.

Here it is: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/84768.aspx

Posts 6483
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 22 2014 6:17 PM

Super.Tramp:

Lynden Williams:

Here it is: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/84768.aspx

Thanks S.T.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 461
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 22 2014 8:21 PM

Super.Tramp:

Gary Butner:

Do we have a link to this Pre-Pub? I would like to order it but I can't find it.

https://www.logos.com/product/42353/christian-history-magazine 

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 22 2014 8:57 PM

Robert Harner:

Thank you, Robert.  Order placed.

Posts 10047
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 23 2014 2:28 AM

Robert Harner:

Super.Tramp:

Gary Butner:

Wow, thanks!

Having the first 99 issues and liking them very much, this is a must (and at a convenient price, too). Strange how this somehow escaped me.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 483
Gary Butner, Th.D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 9 2014 10:59 PM
The Church of Christ 2 volume set is in the pre-sinner set. It can be purchased individually.
Posts 206
Aaron Knotts | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 9 2017 4:40 AM

I am going to bring this thread back from the dead it would seem Indifferent

Having recently upgraded to Logos7, it seemed logical to search for any Restoration Movement materials, something I had also sought out when first starting out with a Libronix package, to no avail.

Seeing that base packages can be purchased with subsets i.e. baptist, catholic, reformed, etc. it seems logical to purse a 'restoration' option with what seems like a plethora of titles, and vast array of written material that 'could' be of benefit to many, particularly, those seeking out the history of the Stone-Campbell movement. 

Did this thread gain any traction? Perhaps if the wider community of those affiliated with the churches of Christ, or even loosely associated with restoration history, could find some unity (and I don't mean for anyone to start straining for gnats, whilst we sup on our camel) , a worthwhile effort could be made to have these resources digitized and cataloged in Logos, which surely would be a blessing for many. Certainly, some resources may well be preferred, and others ignored from the set, depending on the readers own preference, bias, history, affiliation, but do we not do that already with any base package?  

these are all I found in the products:

The Encyclopedia of the Stone-Campbell Movement

The Stone-Campbell Movement: The Story of the American Restoration Movement, rev. ed.

and I recall reading about the magazine that was part of a larger set.

Anyways, sorry for the very historic thread 'necro', but a search did not reveal anything more up to date, and I (selfishly) hope that significant restoration materials can come to Logos.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB

Posts 10178
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 9 2017 5:07 AM

Mid-2014 is not ancient. And recent for unresolved needs.

Given Logos' challenges for support of the larger groups, I doubt another will get far these days.  And we're approaching the annual remembering of when they blew up marketing.

It's interesting threads on churches of Christ moves to Stone-Campbell. Which I assume is trying to find sufficient commonality. S/C was verboten in my family. Just illustrating how the 'restoration' groups are heavily fragmented. A few authors sufficiently ok.

Posts 1019
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 9 2017 6:57 AM

Denise:

It's interesting threads on churches of Christ moves to Stone-Campbell. Which I assume is trying to find sufficient commonality. S/C was verboten in my family. Just illustrating how the 'restoration' groups are heavily fragmented. A few authors sufficiently ok.

I think the move to "Stone-Campbell" makes sense for a couple of reasons.  First, the churches of Christ do come from a particular historical background that pre-dates the split from the Disciples of Christ, and most churches of Christ do claim their heritage with the early Restoration Movement leaders such as Alexander Campbell, Barton Stone, Walter Scott and David Lipscomb, just to name a few.  So from that standpoint the writings from that period, and the histories of it, would have real appeal.  Second, as you suggest, it does seem to be at least one potential way to broaden the appeal of a library.

In terms of existing materials, I would also mention the books by Everett Ferguson.

Posts 62
Ken Hicks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 9 2017 7:12 AM

Vyrso has several Restoration Movement titles from Leafwood which (if I am not mistaken) is tied to Abilene Christian University. https://vyrso.com/products/search?Publisher=Leafwood 

Posts 1019
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 9 2017 8:45 AM

It's more of a historical curiosity now than anything else, but Logos does have Cambell's "Living Oracles" translation of the New Testament.  As I recall, it was one of the first complete translations of the New Testament to use Greisbach's critical Greek text. My recollection is that it was largely a revision of the work of several British scholars who had recently translated different portions of the New Testament.

Posts 206
Aaron Knotts | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 9 2017 10:36 PM

thank you guys for chiming back in again on this one. I figure it seems logical to have a Logos repository of restoration / Stone Campbell / whatever we want to call it data. To be able to have such ready access to it, in such a well cataloged manner, is something I would pay for (as I don't have it in any form currently), but I am a bit OCD and like to have things all in the one place, and as much of it as possible - iTunes by the album, not the song Geeked

Lots of other things in my library  to read in the mean while.

Posts 6412
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 10 2017 12:53 AM

I have quite a few CoC resources in Logos and also in WS. I like Coffman’s commentaries. Got them for $79 a couple months back in WS. Too bad Logos doesn’t carry them.

DAL

Posts 206
Aaron Knotts | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 10 2017 1:41 AM

that would be awesome! I would really like that a lot. 

What's WS?

DAL:

I have quite a few CoC resources in Logos and also in WS. I like Coffman’s commentaries. Got them for $79 a couple months back in WS. Too bad Logos doesn’t carry them.

DAL

Posts 6412
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 10 2017 2:01 AM

Aaron Knotts:

that would be awesome! I would really like that a lot. 

What's WS?

DAL:

DAL

WORDSearch  Bible software.

DAL

Posts 206
Aaron Knotts | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 10 2017 2:37 AM

Ohhh...yeah...I think I may have used that years ago - was it available on the palm pilot? Sounds a little bit familiar now.

DAL:

WORDSearch  Bible software.

DAL

Page 7 of 9 (161 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > | RSS