Proclaim crashes when trying to play video

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 21
Nate Cress | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, May 16 2014 2:10 PM

My church has been using Proclaim for a few months now. When I first started training my presentation team, we noticed that we could easily crash Proclaim by trying to play a video. The strange thing was that it didn't happen every time. For instance, we add a count down video in the warm up section for Sunday mornings. Some Sundays the video starts playing automatically just like you would expect. Other days it freezes immediately. Then I have to open task manager and shut the proclaim.exe process down and restart the program (which doesn't look all that professional). The problem isn't isolated to one computer. Every computer I've tried it on has the same issue. As soon as I delete the video from the Order of Service, Proclaim works fine and never freezes. I've seen proclaim go through several updates since we started using it and yet I still have this problem.

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 20 2014 9:51 AM

Hello Nate,

Does this happen with all videos? or only videos that you upload? It sounds like you are talking about a specific video so if you could make a presentation with that video in it and then tell me the name, that would be great; that way I could look at the specific video causing problems. Also, is this happening on Windows, Mac, or both? Please make sure your drivers are up to date as well.

Posts 21
Nate Cress | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 20 2014 2:24 PM

It is happening on all videos whether they are from Proclaim or videos that we upload. That said I do have one video (wmv) that I uploaded with a clip from Charlie Brown. For some reason if I reset Proclaim and first make sure to try to play that video before anything else, everything seems to play fine. I know that sounds strange, but that has been the case many times. Our drivers are up to date. We have the same problem on multiple machines. Well actually all machines. I haven't tried to use proclaim on a Mac. We are using Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 machines.

As a side note, I have noticed that moving to another window on the main control screen when Proclaim is "on Air" causes Proclaim to freeze. For instance if we try to pull up a browser to look up something, Proclaim freezes. 

Posts 126
Jared Schwyhart | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 20 2014 2:54 PM

What are the specs of your computers? and the codec for the wmv?

Proclaim crashed on our media techs laptop, but his laptop wasn't powerful enough.

On a side note: Not to mention he has files all over the place and doesn't seem to have any type of organization. The desktop isn't a place to put files and neither is the recycle bin.

Also, check out this forum: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/83814/591427.aspx#591427

Hopefully we can resolve this issue.

Posts 126
Jared Schwyhart | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 21 2014 6:27 AM

In case you are bored and want to learn more about WMV.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Media_Video

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS