what happened to my prioritization?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3915
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 31 2009 9:33 PM

WHOA!  What happened with my prioritized resources?  I originally (last month . . . errr, two months ago now . . . ) prioritized my bibles and commentaries and dictionaries as MP recommended: according to their type (bibles with bibles, then dictionaries, etc).  Now I see the are all jumbled together, like someone mixed the deck of cards.  And they are not in the order I had don them.  Also, it looks like Stephen's Greek NT snuck in as my top Bible . . . I had NEVER prioritized that one. 

Okay smart people, help me with this one!  Yes

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 29
Jerry Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 9:50 PM

I've lost much of mine after each update (L4a-Platinum on Windows) thus far.

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 9:59 PM

Dan DeVilder:

WHOA!  What happened with my prioritized resources?  I originally (last month . . . errr, two months ago now . . . ) prioritized my bibles and commentaries and dictionaries as MP recommended: according to their type (bibles with bibles, then dictionaries, etc).  Now I see the are all jumbled together, like someone mixed the deck of cards.  And they are not in the order I had don them.  Also, it looks like Stephen's Greek NT snuck in as my top Bible . . . I had NEVER prioritized that one. 

Okay smart people, help me with this one!  Yes

Sorry not smart! My prioritization list hasn't changed in the whole beta process through till 4.0a SR2.

Chris

Posts 26958
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 10:03 PM

Dan DeVilder:
WHOA!  What happened with my prioritized resources? 

Just a little more information:

• when did this happen (after the recent update to 4.0a, after you manually synchronised, after a crash)?
  • did any other documents change eg. collections, notes, custom guides?
  • what operating system?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 235
Tom Geswein | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 10:27 PM

I had a similar problem today.  I let my PC update overnight (latest release plus upgrade to Scholar's) and was looking through things in the morning.  I had my library open with the prioritization window open with it.  I have about 15 or 20 resources in the list and as I was looking at it, they started rearranging themselves!  I don't know specifically what happened, but I'm guessing at least three or four moved up and down the list as I was looking at it...  Now I have a mixed deck, too!

Self-built Pentium 4  2.4gHz, 4g RAM, 500gb/750gb HDDs, Nvidia 8800 GTS, Creative SB X-fi audio, Windows Vista Home Premium SP2

"It seems our problems solve themselves when we look beyond us to those truly in hell."  -  Beyond Our Suffering - AILD

Posts 26958
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 2:00 AM

Thanks for the detailed report, Tom.

Did you notice any other changes (collections, notes, etc)?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 235
Tom Geswein | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 7:47 AM

Dave Hooton:

Did you notice any other changes (collections, notes, etc)?

The only other change I noticed was in one of my collections, there were four new resources added.  This collection, I call "New purchases", so I have no rules set up to automatically add resources - I just manually add them as I buy stuff.  Today I noticed there were four new resources added that I think came with Scholar's edition: (they are the "Classic Pastoral Care, Vol. 1-4" by Thomas C. Oden)

Oddly enough, they are not in the "+ Plus these resources:" list, although "Thomas C. Oden's Systematic Theology" is in the list.

As far as the library prioritization list is concerned:

I had all my priorities together - bibles together first, then lexicons, commentaries and dictionaries.  They are now our of order a little and I have two instances of the NIV in the list.  I can't remember specifically, but I believe I had my commentaries in a different order.  Not a big deal, but a little strange, none-the-less.

I don't have enough notes to comment on.

"It seems our problems solve themselves when we look beyond us to those truly in hell."  -  Beyond Our Suffering - AILD

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS