Merging notes and clippings

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 27
Tim Sikkema | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 19 2014 5:11 AM

I make a lot of use of notes in Logos. I generally tie them to a reference (Scripture or heading), and when I'm working on a sermon or lesson, I'd like to have everything for that body of work in one note file. When I come across great quotations, I don't want those in a separate clippings file; I'd rather have them with the rest of my work in a single note file. I never use Clippings; instead I copy and paste into notes. What I would love to see, though, is the ability to have different kinds of content in a single document: notes, but also clippings (and maybe other kinds of documents like sentence diagrams). Just like a Word document can have plain text, text boxes, tables, images, etc.

Posts 33781
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 19 2014 1:31 PM

I use clippings to supplement the Logos tagging and guide system. Before Logos added the Outline section, I had a clipping file of outlines with Bible citation tags. Now I do the same thing for other structures (chiasm, inclusio, parallel ...), rhetorical devices, forms and genres. I would not find it helpful to have them merged.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 27
Tim Sikkema | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 19 2014 3:40 PM

Of course, Logos can be used in so many ways by so many users... wouldn't want to take that away from you, MJ. I'd still like to see the current ability to have separate notes, clippings, etc, but then add the ability to put different things together in one document. I know some people will use favourites to put things together, and I experimented with that a little bit, but to me that's an extra step I'd rather not have to do.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS