Saved Layout opens with Interlinear option open, despite being saved otherwise.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 14
Thomas Winter | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 3 2014 12:18 PM

I seldom use the interlinear option, but occasionally, when I read the English text, I like to see which Greek word is used. I always toggle this closed and then "update current layout", but when I re-open the program, the interlinear is always open at the bottom. A minor annoyance, but still a bug.  Is anyone else having this problem? ( I am the sole user, but I do use a "Church" and "Home" computer.

Posts 3171
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 3 2014 12:23 PM

Hi Thomas,

I'm unable to replicate this behavior with the ESV only in 5.2a SR-5. What book is this occurring in and what other resources are in this layout? Perhaps a screen-shot would help illustrate matters.

Posts 22746
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 3 2014 1:53 PM

Thomas Winter:
I am the sole user, but I do use a "Church" and "Home" computer.

Is it possible that the interlinear ribbon is being left open on the other computer?

Not sure if that would cause this but worth checking.

Posts 14
Thomas Winter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 3 2014 2:21 PM

I am using:  Logos Bible Software 5.2a SR-5 (5.2.1.0149)  Copyright 2000–2014 Logos Bible Software

Here is screenshot.  I have closed the interlinear ribbon on both machines, but it always reappears.

This is my saved layout "My Bible & Commentary" if you can access it and try it.

Both of my computers are running up-to-date Windows 7

+TWW

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 3 2014 2:24 PM

Other people who've reported this have had a second copy of the same Bible open somewhere else in the Layout, and with the interlinear open. Is that perhaps the case for you as well? Or did you have it open in one layout, switch over to another, and expect to find it closed there?

This particular setting is saved with the resource, not the layout, and when in doubt, it defaults to open, so if there's one open and one closed copy, they're going to open again with both ribbons visible. And if you had it visible last time you used it, it's also going to open visible, regardless of how it was when you last saved the layout.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 14
Thomas Winter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 3 2014 2:30 PM

You got it! I did have another copy of the ESV open (not linked to the other resources, so I could "hold my place" in my linked resources). When I clicked on that second copy, the interlinear was open.  I seldom use that second copy, so I didn't even think of that.

Thank you!

Problem solved!!!

Tom Winter

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS