CP: Princeton Theological Review 400 + issues = high quality academic Journal - needs decent value bids please - to get it moving

Page 1 of 3 (45 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 44 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 717
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 5 2014 10:01 AM

https://www.logos.com/product/17817/princeton-theological-review

please bid closer to £140 - to get this in the "reasonable zone"!

A high quality resource - sorely needed

Shalom

Posts 2977
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 5 2014 9:15 PM

Done

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 1460
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 5 2014 9:30 PM

The only possible way i see is if logos would delete this resource and repost it with a minimum bid increment of $150 or higher. Otherwise, it is a dead end

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 485
Randy Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 6 2014 3:07 AM

Wild Eagle:

The only possible way i see is if logos would delete this resource and repost it with a minimum bid increment of $150 or higher. Otherwise, it is a dead end

My bid has been $150 gor over 2 years.

Awesome resource, well worth the $150, perhaps much more.

Posts 485
Randy Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 6 2014 3:11 AM

Kevin A Lewis:

https://www.logos.com/product/17817/princeton-theological-review

please bid closer to £140 - to get this in the "reasonable zone"!

A high quality resource - sorely needed

Shalom

Same goes for the Bampton Lectures. Unbelievable resource. Needs price bump.

https://www.logos.com/product/25328/bampton-lecture-series-1780-1920

Posts 18902
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 6 2014 3:15 AM

Perhaps the only way this will get through is if Logos decides to subsidize the cost of producing it with revenues from other products. Then maybe they'll recoup their costs somewhere down the road. Or maybe not. But they will have done a great services to Christian scholarship. I know they need to stay in business too, so only if they can squeeze out some profit from somewhere else to apply to producing this. But it really would be great to have it...

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 6 2014 8:26 AM

The sensible thing for Logos to do first when resources get stalled in CP would be to send out an e-mail to all bidders, advising them to raise their bids if they want to see it produced. Instead Bob writes a post on the forums once a year or so, which reaches far to few of the bidders to be very meaningful.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 810
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 6 2014 2:29 PM

This would be such a great resource but it sort of reminds me of the delicious 5th Ave Deli club sandwich I am trying to eat right now ... it's just too big to consume at one sitting.  Many have suggested/requested breaking it up into smaller, bite-size pieces (the resource - not my sandwich).  And that's a good idea except one runs the risk of not getting all of the pieces produced. 

Perhaps Logos would consider producing this in two parts - not in length but in terms of production.  Phase one:  All volumes, text only, no hyperlinks, correct only the most egregious ocr errors ... it will be a 'dirty' but inexpensive (relatively) resource.  At least users would have the full text to consult/browse.  Phase two: The 'dirty' text goes back into CP in order to raise enough bids so the set can be cleaned and hyperlinked. 

Stop at Phase one if all you need or want is the quick, dirty, and inexpensive version.  Proceed to Phase two if you want or need all of the bells and whistles.

Finished the sandwich and I hate myself ... I ... just ... could ... not ... stop!

How blessed is the one whom Thou dost choose, and bring near to Thee(Psa 65:4a)

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 6 2014 2:51 PM

That's the best suggestion, JRS!

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 6,200own
12G A9-9420 V8.6 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 4072
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 6 2014 2:57 PM

sounds like what you are suggesting is that we make it a Vyrso resource first, and then later they can convert it to Logos via cp/pp if they so chose.

I'd be down for that...

L2 lvl4 (...) L8 Platinum, WORDsearch

Posts 810
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 6 2014 3:06 PM

abondservant:

sounds like what you are suggesting is that we make it a Vyrso resource first, and then later they can convert it to Logos via cp/pp if they so chose.

In essence, yes.  But even if it weren't up to Vyrso QC standards in terms of its ocr output, I could put up with that as long as it gets out of the starting gate!

How blessed is the one whom Thou dost choose, and bring near to Thee(Psa 65:4a)

Posts 710
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 8 2015 5:42 AM

Bids are closing on August 14. Current price is $50 for 443 issues.

Posts 2046
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 8 2015 5:58 AM

I dont understand this bidding process.  I already own this product. Why is it on CP?

Posts 2288
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 8 2015 6:55 AM

Isn't this included in the Master Journal Bundle?

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 8 2015 7:39 AM

Gao Lu:

It looks to me like the 443 issue CP resource is all issues from 1825-1929, while the resources contained in the Master Bundle, according to that web page, contains 27 vols. (1903–1929).

Posts 499
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 8 2015 8:44 AM

Don Awalt:

Gao Lu:

It looks to me like the 443 issue CP resource is all issues from 1825-1929, while the resources contained in the Master Bundle, according to that web page, contains 27 vols. (1903–1929).

I looked closer at the set under CP. If you scroll down through you will see that they had different titles along the way. Biblical Repertory, then Biblical Repertory and Theological Review and so on. I suspect they are all included in the Bundle but did not try to compare all of them.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 8 2015 9:39 AM

SHotchkiss:
I looked closer at the set under CP. If you scroll down through you will see that they had different titles along the way. Biblical Repertory, then Biblical Repertory and Theological Review and so on. I suspect they are all included in the Bundle but did not try to compare all of them.

I think you are right.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 194
KPK | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 8 2015 9:56 AM

Came here to see if anyone else thinks this is a good deal. It's about to end at 50.00? Anyone excited about this?

Posts 159
DivineCordial | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 8 2015 10:35 AM

KPK:

Came here to see if anyone else thinks this is a good deal. It's about to end at 50.00? Anyone excited about this?

Yes, I wasn't expecting it this soon. Maybe the price could be driven lower?

Logos 8 | Faithlife Connect Essentials
27" Win10 (2004) AMD FX-8350 (4GHz) 16GB DDR3 2x500SSD 1x240SSD 2x3TBHDD
rMBP13" macOS 10.14.6 i7 (2.9GHz) 8GB DDR3 512SSD
iPad3 iOS 9.3.6 | iPod6 iOS 12.4.8 | iPhoneXR iOS 13.6.1

Posts 10744
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 8 2015 2:15 PM

SHotchkiss:

They appear to all be included, but it would be nice to have a confirmation from FL.

UPDATE—Just added the ones in these screenshots. Either I have missed some, or they are not all included.

Page 1 of 3 (45 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS