Page 3 of 4 (76 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 75 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 22 2014 7:38 AM

Should be shortly. I will give an update when a fix is in place.

Posts 2
Roberto Munguia | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 22 2014 7:56 AM

Got it working! Sync is a little slow but is running! Thank you and hope you fix the issue.  Praying for you!

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 22 2014 8:08 AM

Everything should be up ad running now. If anyone has issues please let us know.

Posts 78
Shannon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 22 2014 8:24 AM

Thank you...really hate sweating on a Sunday morning.

Posts 53
Stephanie Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 22 2014 8:48 AM

Our technician is running the presentation ok, but is getting the "cannot connect to server" message....

...and I think it's now resolved....whew

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 22 2014 8:51 AM

Good to hear. If you have any other issues, let us know.

Posts 130
Lawrence Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 22 2014 12:40 PM

We use an iPad to control the service quite a bit, and had grief with it at both our 8:30 and 10:45 services. We kept getting the Unable to change slides message and the iPad would simply quit responding. I closed the app and restarted it at one point in the 2nd service and it seemed to help.

For those of us who use iPads to control the service, this is also our confidence monitor (except notably for the OSB and videos)... and if the tablets aren't working, that literally means we have no confidence in the program and what we're doing. It is enormously disruptive and unsettling to have this happen on a Sunday morning. I can't see the screen well at all from preaching and leading worship.

Some of us are pretty stretched in a service as it is - I lead worship, preach, play guitar in the praise band at the 2nd service (and sometimes, like today, at the first service as well), I had two baptisms... and it was a busy morning. Proclaim glitchiness I didn't need.

Even saying that, though, today was better than last week, and I was semi-prepared for issues. Please communicate our gratefulness for progress... but we hope you are continuing to solve the issues. Sunday morning isn't the best time to do that, though...

Larry

Posts 1381
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 22 2014 12:43 PM

Spencer McKimson:

Good to hear. If you have any other issues, let us know.

I have an issue...It happens all to often. Once we are done our term we will probably look elsewhere. I love the idea, love how it works with Logos, but if it doesn't work on Sunday......

Posts 16
Charles Fombelle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 22 2014 12:47 PM

I was not able to use proclaim two weeks in a row.  Last week, June 15 I tested it at home and it worked fine.  However, at church my android tablet would not connect.  

This week my windows 7 computer just kept freezing.  I rebooted numerous times and finally right before the service it began to work.  However, the tablet did not connect.  sometimes it would ask for a sign in other times it was just black.  I was never able to use it.  After the service was over I tested it at the church and it seemed to work fine.  

I too would like to hear more about the fix for this problem.  I am feeling rather unsure of using the program next week.  

Posts 26
Jason Fletcher | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 22 2014 1:33 PM

The only thing I really want to stress about on Sunday is my sermon, not if Proclaim is going to work or not. We were halfway through the service today before it reconnected with the server and started working properly. I love Logos and the idea of Proclaim - it's easy to use and the cloud syncing it wonderful. I just can't work with a program that is fine Monday through Saturday but crashes on Sunday mornings when I need it. Sorry, guys, I'm done.

Posts 68
Aaron Linne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 22 2014 2:26 PM

Charles Fombelle:

I too would like to hear more about the fix for this problem.  I am feeling rather unsure of using the program next week.  

I apologize for the issues that arose this morning. After reviewing with the team, I am confident that the services Proclaim uses are now stronger than ever - in truth, this morning we more than doubled the processing power of our backend services and, once implemented, we had a very stable system this morning. It is my sincere apologies that some of you were effected this morning, and we will continue to mitigate the risk that you take on Sundays.

There will be a new update to the application this week, as well, to take care of some of the issues we discovered on the application side. This will be a special release to fix some of the stability issues, ahead of the new features that are currently available in the beta.

We know that the most important thing for a collaborative tool like Proclaim is the stability during worship, and will continue to make that our priority. Many of the updates we're doing are on the backend and are the direct response to when issues do arise. One of the good things about finding issues is our ability to uncover the problems and deploying a quick - and substantial - fix. Every time we have an issue like this morning, our tools get better and stronger as we can make sure that the particular issue does not occur again.

Please know that the team will be working exceptionally hard this week to serve you and your plans for worship - we hope to continue to provide you the most innovative and stable church presentation tool available.

Posts 31
Aaron Brockmeier | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 22 2014 4:49 PM

This was a very difficult morning for me and my worship team because of proclaim. I cannot run the risk of this happening again. is there an offline option or back up to a hard drive available ? I have to find a reliable option for service.  

Posts 302
John Graves | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 23 2014 6:45 AM

Jason, I'm in the same frame of mind. I feel like Logos is ok with us testing out their program for them and then making us pay for it. We will be going with Propresenter in the near future. I can't have another Sunday like yesterday.

Posts 130
Lawrence Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 23 2014 8:57 AM

Aaron,

Thanks so much for the reply to the questions about the problems over the last two Sundays. It's frustrating to have issues, but it is really reassuring to know that you at Logos/Proclaim are working on it and to have some sense of what you're doing.  I am sticking with Proclaim, largely because of the reassurances and insight you are giving us of what's being done. So often companies go into deny mode and don't have empathy for their customers. You, however, are being forthright, honest and helpful, and it IS evident that you are making changes.

Yesterday was actually better than the week before - a little glitchy with the iPad connectivity at the early service (8:30 am PST), and a little less so at the 2nd service (10:45), but I could definitely see an improvement in responsiveness. I made a couple of small changes to my presentations on Sunday morning, and they seemed to load up ok.

I was going to say that Sunday morning might not be the best time to make upgrades and changes... but I imagine you know that, and that it is actually the load of user software requests is at least in part what causes the issues, and that's when you'll find the problems.

Is there anything that we users can do to help? I'm trying to use these forums (ANOTHER great selling point for Proclaim, by the way - staff-monitored forums!) to keep you informed of actual issues happening out here...

Thanks again for all you do -

Larry Becker

Posts 31
Aaron Brockmeier | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 25 2014 5:21 AM

Aaron Linne & Logos - 

Thank you for your email response and commitment to your customers. Yes, last week was tough but I appreciate your willingness to do what it takes so that it does not happen again.

Thank you.

Posts 16
Charles Fombelle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 25 2014 6:16 AM

Dear Aaron,

Thank you for the update.  I appreciate your ideas and the ministry service you are providing.  It is my sincere desire that Proclaim will be used to coordinate and present the gospel message clearly and powerfully. 

Looking forward to a uninterrupted service this Sunday. 

Posts 68
Aaron Linne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 25 2014 9:17 AM

Just in case anyone here didn't receive the email, I wanted to be sure that you all knew exactly what we're doing in our commitment to stability going forward.

---

We messed up, and we’re sorry.

Due to intermittent issues over the past few weekends, you’ll receive a free month of Proclaim and Proclaim Pro Media.

Though the Proclaim team is committed to stability, there’ve been intermittent performance issues over the past few weekends. This is unacceptable. We’re honored every week when you choose to include our tools during your worship service.

Normally, we don’t talk about our future plans. However, we want to be sure you know that we’re dedicated to serving you. Here is what we’re doing to provide you with stable, uninterrupted service going forward.

We’re preparing our servers to handle more than double the current subscriber base of Proclaim. We’ll be stress testing the hardware throughout the week to prepare for this Sunday. Going forward, we’ll be stress testing on Mondays so we can verify that our hardware can handle any new growth. The increase in server performance will happen this week.

We also found a problem with signing into the app while our services are down. This affected only a small number of users, but if you were to sign out while specific backend services were down, you might not have been able to sign back in. We have a solution prepared and it will be shipped to you this week.

We’ll be releasing an update to Proclaim for saving your presentations to an external drive and then loading them. The team is committed to getting this feature to you as we all want to be sure that you’re prepared for Sunday morning, no matter what happens to our services or your own Internet connection. This new feature will be shipped to you this week.

We’ve found performance enhancements we can make to the services architecture. Work has begun on this project, but we won’t see the benefits until it is complete. This is now a top priority for the services team.

We’re adding the ability to control a presentation through the remote apps via your local wifi instead of the internet. This involves a complete rewrite of the app for both iOS and Android, as well as additional work on the desktop application. We’ve added staff to the Proclaim team to accomplish this. We don’t have a release date in mind for the new apps as of yet, aside from intending to release this summer.

We apologize for letting you down. We’re confident that our plans will make Proclaim not only the most innovative presentation software, but also the most stable. However, that does not change the fact that we negatively impacted some of your services. Your free month of Proclaim and Proclaim Pro Media will be added to your account this week.

Thanks for using Proclaim—we’re committed to serving you and your church.

—Aaron Linne, Proclaim program manager

Posts 1
Gary L. Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 27 2014 3:22 PM

What distresses me most is I spent 1 1/2 hours with support yesterday because of this and they had no idea of the problem? This issue was not explored at all.

When I called today to ask if my issue was what was addressed in Aaron's email, no one knew about the email.

Communicate?

Posts 5
Admin Joe | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 27 2014 6:25 PM

No word yet on when servers are going to be back up?

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 27 2014 6:44 PM

The servers should be up and stable. As far as I know they have been since last Sunday at 8:30am pacific time. Are you currently experiencing issues?

Page 3 of 4 (76 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS