I want to set up a simple devotional one page homepage

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 27
Ronald Arndt | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 2 2010 10:54 AM

Libronix has made this program so complex they have forgot that they are selling this produck to non geeks. I STILL can't figure out how to delete the welcome paragraph and get rid of advertising Libronix products on page 2. I just want a morning and evening homepage and one page at that.Does anyone know how to do this?

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 11:25 AM

RonaldArndt:

Libronix has made this program so complex they have forgot that they are selling this produck to non geeks. I STILL can't figure out how to delete the welcome paragraph and get rid of advertising Libronix products on page 2. I just want a morning and evening homepage and one page at that.Does anyone know how to do this?

Instead of doing this through the home page, why not set up a layout for this?

Just click the House icon on the top left and set up your layout like you want and save it (open "Layouts" on the upper right, find your most recent layout - after you've set it up - click on the text "Snapshot [time]" and give it any name you want).

If you want to start without the home page, click the "Customize"  button on the lower left of the home page screen and de-select "Show home page on startup"

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 2246
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 12:54 PM

Ronald,

Click on the customize button on the bottom left of the home page and then un-tick everything except devotionals...

Posts 187
Anthony Etienne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 1:21 PM

Damian McGrath:

Ronald,

Click on the customize button on the bottom left of the home page and then un-tick everything except devotionals...

The easiest way by far, to customize you page;

RonaldArndt:

also if you want a devotional only page then you can select all the devotions you may have in your library and prioritize them. They will all show up on your homepage. I personally like everything turned on, I like the newspaper look and discovering books in my library; I either forgot I had or didn't know that I had.

As far as having only 1 page; that depends on what you have turned on in the customize section, and if you maximize your application window (fill your entire monitor space wtih logos 4) or just have a window. And also the resolution your monitor is set at, but just for a devotional only page everthing should be on one page if only a few things are checked.

Posts 27
Ronald Arndt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 3:52 PM

Well, to all you Libronix geeks I want you to know NONE of your ideas worked. I did go to customize and only left devotions checked marked. So what happens? I restart the program and NO HOME PAGE APPEARS.Surprise So I open the homepage manually and check mark start home page at start up and then I restarted the program. The home page appeared along with the same old welcome text and bible chapter text and my devotional ON PAGE 2. So much for your suggestions guys. You guys don't know anymore how this complexed program works then I do. The real truth is you either shut off your home page altogether or you're stuck forever with the welcome text of Logos and a whole chapter of bible text you never asked for. Thats the crux of it

Posts 2246
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 3:55 PM

Ronald,

I'm sorry that it didn't work.

But, that is the last suggestion I will be offering. You manner of responding to those trying to assist you is truly atrocious. Please take your very bad attitude elsewhere.

Posts 36103
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 4:13 PM

RonaldArndt:
The real truth is you either shut off your home page altogether or you're stuck forever with the welcome text of Logos and a whole chapter of bible text you never asked for. Thats the crux of it

What I get when I turn off everything but the devotionals is (a) Book of the Day - which is superfulous from your perspective (b) a Bible passage which I find amusing to have complaints about on Bible software and (c) my devotionals. Yes, this is slightly more than you wanted; on the otherhand, you did not personally pay the development costs so you are one voice among many. I am amazed at how much effort in the forums has been focused on the home page. To me, it is such a small amount of the user interface that I barely care what's there until the core functionality of the system is in place. I'm trying but I honestly don't see why the fuss, one can eaily ignore what one doesn't want ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 439
Mark Stevens | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2010 2:02 PM

Damian McGrath:

Ronald,

I'm sorry that it didn't work.

But, that is the last suggestion I will be offering. You manner of responding to those trying to assist you is truly atrocious. Please take your very bad attitude elsewhere.

Good call Damien. The same rudeness has been experienced on this thread despite the fact several of us have tried to help him with exactly the same question!

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/8588/68661.aspx#68661

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS