No longer able to access vyrso.com from iOS devices (Safari web browser)

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jun 21 2014 12:00 AM

When using safari on my iPad and iPhone, over the last few days, I've noticed I can no longer access the vyrso.com website. I get this error message: 

My iPad and iPhone are connecting to every other website I want to access (including logos.com), but vyrso is the only one, so far, I'm noticing this problem with.

I haven't recently changed any settings on my mobile devices or network. This problem seems to have come out of nowhere!

I disabled my home wifi network on my iPhone and tried to connect to vyrso.com using my cellular network, and still couldn't connect to the vyrso website. This would suggest its a device, not network issue?

I also reset the network settings on my iPad, and deleted cookies, etc. Still no joy...

Both my iPhone and iPad are using iOS 7.1.1.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

[EDIT - I can access vyrso.com fine from Safari on my MBA from my home network, so this appears to be an iOS device issue...]

Posts 25772
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 21 2014 12:21 AM

Hi Paul-C

I can't help, sorry, but I can confirm I am seeing the same thing.

I am able to access the Vyrso site using the Chrome browser on my iPad.

Graham

Posts 1633
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 21 2014 12:37 AM

I am seeing the same, and it works with Chrome for iPad.

Peter

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 21 2014 12:49 AM

Thanks for your replies, both.

Hopefully a Logos web developer can help us.

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 21 2014 2:29 AM

Strangely, I am unable to access from my iPad, but can access Vyrso from my iPhone. Regardless, I am able to confirm this issue.

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 21 2014 2:38 AM

Andy Evans:

Strangely, I am unable to access from my iPad, but can access Vyrso from my iPhone. Regardless, I am able to confirm this issue.

Hi Andy, out of interest, are your iPhone and iPad using the same version of iOS?

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 21 2014 4:43 AM

Paul-C:
Hi Andy, out of interest, are your iPhone and iPad using the same version of iOS?

Yes.

I wondered, however, if it might be related to the fact that my iPad defaults to the full web-version of the Vyrso site whereas my iPhone defaults to the mobile version of the website.

I did get a warning message on the iPhone (relating to an unrecognised server) but was able to bypass this through to the mobile site.

Posts 379
Brian Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 21 2014 6:30 AM

Thanks for the notice everyone, we apologize for the inconvenience! I've notified our development team, since we are in the middle of the weekend I can't give a firm timeline for when we'll be able to implement a fix.   

Posts 25772
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 21 2014 6:38 AM

Brian Williams:
Thanks for the notice everyone, we apologize for the inconvenience! I've notified our development team

Thanks Brian

Brian Williams:
since we are in the middle of the weekend I can't give a firm timeline for when we'll be able to implement a fix.   

totally understand - hope you manage to get some good time this weekend.

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 21 2014 8:19 AM

Thanks Brian!

Posts 60
LogosEmployee
Aaron Dutton (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 21 2014 1:14 PM

We have resolved the issue.  

We changed load balancing technology this week which caused the SSL certificate issues.  I checked as many other sites as I could and fixed a few others (verbum.com and faithlifebible.com for example) while I was in there.

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience.  Have a good weekend.

-Aaron

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 21 2014 1:29 PM

I confirm it's now working for me again on my iPad. Thanks Aaron for getting this fixed - especially on the weekend! 

Posts 25772
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 21 2014 2:17 PM

Thanks Aaron

appreciate the quick fix

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS