Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 64
Joshua Daniel Simmons | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 22 2014 7:18 PM

Many of the referenced works in Dabney's Systematic are in Logos format but are not indexed and linked.  Tuuretin's Instutues, Kant's works, John Dick's Lectures on Theology, Thomas Ridgley's Body of Divinity, Thornwell's Works, John Howe's The Living Temple, John Locke's Essay on Human Understanding, Xenophon, Cicero, works of Benjamin Breckinridge, Stephen Charnock's Discourse on the Attributes of God, Aquinas' Summa and so forth.

I hope that someone has noticed this and looks to correct it.

Posts 64
Joshua Daniel Simmons | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 12 2015 10:59 PM

Bump

Posts 1128
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 18 2015 7:35 AM

Yes! This would be great!

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 18 2015 10:31 AM

Joshua Daniel Simmons:

Many of the referenced works in Dabney's Systematic are in Logos format but are not indexed and linked.  Tuuretin's Instutues, Kant's works, John Dick's Lectures on Theology, Thomas Ridgley's Body of Divinity, Thornwell's Works, John Howe's The Living Temple, John Locke's Essay on Human Understanding, Xenophon, Cicero, works of Benjamin Breckinridge, Stephen Charnock's Discourse on the Attributes of God, Aquinas' Summa and so forth.

I hope that someone has noticed this and looks to correct it.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 999
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 18 2015 10:54 AM

This is the biggest issue that is stopping me investing more in Logos, new resources are not even properly tagged so what chance is there that old resources will ever get the treatment that Logos pretends it aspires to.

Given the size of the Logos library and the speed it is reviewing old titles it will be centuries before they even make a noticeable dent in the back catalogue. 

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 18 2015 1:07 PM

Mike Pettit:
Given the size of the Logos library and the speed it is reviewing old titles it will be centuries before they even make a noticeable dent in the back catalogue.

Can you imagine how awesome Logos would be if they updated all the tagging on the whole corpus of books?

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1128
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 18 2015 7:46 PM

It seems like they could crowd source something like this. Have a tool like the report typo tool that would allow users to attach a url location of a resource to a given highlighted reference.

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 20 2015 1:31 PM

If you're looking at the resource entitled Systematic Theology, that wasn't produced by Logos, and as such it will never be updated. If you're looking at the resource entitled Syllabus and Notes..., then there's more hope (but still not much, if I'm honest). I ask because in Syllabus and Notes, then Charnock is linked. (Turrettin's not even available in Logos, by the way.)

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 22 2015 10:33 PM

Liam:

It seems like they could crowd source something like this. Have a tool like the report typo tool that would allow users to attach a url location of a resource to a given highlighted reference.

Even if they just let us report the lack of a link as a typo, allowing them to accumulate in a database, and had a logos employee sort by most requested and then fixing them. The most desired links across the userbase, would be fixed first.... ultimately, we would see some progress - which would be encouraging. Even if it will raise the Ire of the "please no more updates" folks. 

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS