Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 28 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 27
Anthony Barrett | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jun 23 2014 11:28 AM
Is the Synchronization server down (216.57.195.85) for maintenance? I can't sync my license anymore...Sad
Posts 10110
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 23 2014 12:30 PM

Hi Anthony

1. When was the last time you successfully sync'd?  Other Libronix users have not had success for maybe 6 months or so; some however have succeeded.  I haven't for awhile.

2. What system are you sync'ing on (eg Windows 7, 8, etc)?

3. When you can't sync, where are you in the process in Libronix?

Posts 27
Anthony Barrett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 23 2014 12:45 PM
Hi Denise. Thanks for your reply. I was able to sync 2 weeks ago using Win 7/IE8. Did you succeed today? I receive a "you must be connected to the Internet... check your Internet and try again" (step 1).
Posts 27
Anthony Barrett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 23 2014 1:10 PM
Can someone from Logos answer this?
Posts 5248
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 23 2014 1:56 PM

I hope you are able to sync but one day you will likely find you cannot. Since support was dropped for Libronix one half guesses one day the servers will be gone. The best bet might be to call tech support but not sure if they will be much help since it is no longer actively supported.

-Dan

Posts 7982
LogosEmployee

Anthony Barrett:
Thanks for your reply. I was able to sync 2 weeks ago using Win 7/IE8. Did you succeed today? I receive a "you must be connected to the Internet... check your Internet and try again" (step 1).

Do you still have Windows 7 with IE 8 or have you upgraded IE since then?

Have you installed any Windows Updates in the last two weeks? Which ones?

Posts 27
Anthony Barrett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 23 2014 2:40 PM
Hi Bradley. I have Windows 7 with IE8. No upgrade since then (I read here IE9 have problems), and no Windows Update as well. Thanks.
Posts 7982
LogosEmployee

I'm not aware of any changes on our end that would be impacting license synchronization.

Since you appear to be posting under a pseudonym, I can't see if our server logs have any specific information related to your user account, sorry.

Posts 1966
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 23 2014 3:00 PM

I used the sync function in L3 a couple of weeks ago through a virtual machine running XP.  It worked perfectly.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 10110
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 23 2014 4:24 PM

OT but not upgrading IE with security patches, and XP connected to the internet.  Well, ok!

Posts 10110
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 23 2014 4:26 PM

Anthony ... have you check your firewall? Update?

Posts 27
Anthony Barrett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 24 2014 9:43 AM
I read other topics with same problem and tried all the steps from there with no luck. Disable firewall, update to IE9 and applied patch, checked LAN settings Automatic detection etc., flush DNS, clear temp data etc. etc. Logos, I guess the problem is on your end? If any have others steps, let me try them... Like I said I didn't change nothing until today (IE8 to IE9). So what's up?
Posts 27
Anthony Barrett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 26 2014 3:39 AM
I enabled logging and I got this info from file: "0x1E88 utility.dll Info WebService Initializing web services; 0x1E88 utility.dll Debug WebService Adding 'webService' behavior; 0x1E88 utility.dll Debug WebService Internet connection detected; loading service list from 'http://www.libronix.net/webservices.xml' asynchronously; 0x1E88 utility.dll Debug WebService Loading XML from 'http://www.libronix.net/webservices.xml' asynchronously; 0x1E88 utility.dll Debug WebService Web service 'CustomerServices' requested; 0x1E88 utility.dll Warning WebService Web services not ready; deferring load. (objWebService.readyState = 'loading'); 0x1E88 utility.dll Debug WebService Web service 'LicenseServices' requested; 0x1E88 utility.dll Warning WebService Web services not ready; deferring load. (objWebService.readyState = 'loading'); 0x1E88 utility.dll Debug WebService Web service 'ProductServices' requested; 0x1E88 utility.dll Warning WebService Web services not ready; deferring load. (objWebService.readyState = 'loading')"
Posts 7982
LogosEmployee

It is a known issue that LDLS3 on Windows 8.1 can't access web services. It's possible that recent Windows Updates have also broken web services on older versions of Windows. (I know you said that no updates have been installed recently.)

We're not entirely sure what causes this problem, but we will not be fixing it; Libronix DLS is now unsupported software.

If you can let us know why you're trying to sync licenses, we may be able to suggest an alternate strategy that works.

Posts 10110
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 26 2014 7:51 AM

Hmmm .... yes, now that license sync is cut off (along with purchasing from Logos), those great Logos CDs now have some value several different ways!

If only I could find the New Jerome disk. Life would be so good.

Posts 27
Anthony Barrett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 26 2014 7:55 AM
Thanks for the update, Bradley. As I said I have Win7 with IE8. No updates for a year or so. Now that we can all see the problem is on your end, what's "alternate strategy" to sync my lic with server? Anxious to hear the answer(s)...
Posts 10110
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 26 2014 8:07 AM

They call it 'Logos5', the cadallac of Bible software.  

You'll love the grand style, with the top down, the big fins, leather seats, and all the cute girls ooohing and awhing over your smart upgrade!

Posts 7982
LogosEmployee

Anthony Barrett:
Now that we can all see the problem is on your end

The problem is with the client OS.

Anthony Barrett:
what's "alternate strategy" to sync my lic with server

You haven't answered why you're trying to sync licenses. What's the problem you're trying to solve?

Posts 27
Anthony Barrett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 26 2014 9:16 AM
Bradley, I purchased a CD, installed onto my Libronix and want to sync my lic with server. So how I'll do that? How I'll resolve this issue with "web services"? Thanks.
Posts 27
Anthony Barrett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 26 2014 12:19 PM
Bradley? Crying
Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS